Gas coming out of valve cover breathers?

personally i think you should watch some videos on how to get it done in whatever free time you have, then attempt to tackle it yourself. It cant be any worse than what they already did, a welder does not cost that much and you can practice some before you get started.. then take your time with it, there are lots of guys on here that have done what you are outsourcing and Im sure they will be willing to give you all the advice you will need.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I really appreciate all the help this forum has given me over the years. And hope that i have helped some people as well in areas i am good at. Through these circumstances that i went through with that horrible shop ive been put in contact with a guy that is super close to me that does ALOT of foxbodies etc. He is going to come look at the car in the next week or two to talk about what i need done. He cant get me in until october-ish but i feel its worth the wait. He owned a huge custom car shop and retired up by me...built a huge garage and does work by appt only now. He builds incredible stuff including full customs and outlaw chassis cars etc. I want a cage and a bunch of other work done that i just feel is beyond my skill set at this point. I dont want to give away my full plans just yet lol. If it were just the tubs i could probably handle it but with this guy being so close to me im hoping to be able to help work on the car with him a little so i can learn the proper techniques. It blew my mind to learn how close this guy was to me.

Reactions: 1 user
What I have learned is never pay a shop in full until the car is finished. If they do then your car will sit and never get finished. Of course this doesn't help with your situation with the quality of the work being performed but I figured i'd put it out there for others to consider when looking to have custom fab work done.

I have an old friend that has a welding truck business. He does chassis work and tubs on site. Very good guy but I don't think he travels outside maryland, va, and pa. Rick's welding LLC.