Gas tank

Sonic

Aug 2, 2021
Sweden
Hi all I have 95 gt automatic transmission.

I don’t know what is named, that I marked with red. There is coming leaking gasoline. I would like to replace it but unfortunately I don’t know the name to order from rockauto.

Could you please say what does it call

Attachments

• IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi again all, I’ve uploaded a video. if I don’t take you precious time could you please watch 30 sec video. I live in Sweden and I don’t want to order wrong parts

If you are going to drop the tank now would be the time to think about a new sock filter for the fuel pump and possibly a new fuel pump if the one in the tank is old or original. I would also replace the vent check valve and the seal for it as its just a pain and time consuming to drop the tank. I just completely reworked that fuel system on my Coupe so I have the part numbers handy:

Fuel tank filler neck grommet from AutoZone - Spectra Premium Fuel Filler Neck Seal, P/N FNA03
Fuel pump hanger (also works on the fuel sending unit) lock ring and seal from AutoZone - Spectra Premium Fuel Tank Lock Ring, P/N LO03
Fuel pump strainer for Walbro 190 or 255 lph pump - Walbro P/N 125-157
Fuel pump strainer for stock pump - Spectra Premium P/N STR44
Fuel vapor valve -E7DZ-9B593-A
Fuel vapor valve seal - F6TZ-9B076-AA

I put the fuel pump strainer part numbers for aftermarket Walbro pump and the one for the stock pump. Not sure if they are different so wanted to post both. Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you aerocoupe and all i hope I can find the parts that you’ve mentioned.

I do consider to sell my GT and by a 95 cobra :) maybe i might not to need change all the parts that you’ve mentioned (neck is might enough )

If I’m going to change I will like to get your advice of alternative parts - if there is not shipping to Sweden

If you are going to drop the tank now would be the time to think about a new sock filter for the fuel pump and possibly a new fuel pump if the one in the tank is old or original. I would also replace the vent check valve and the seal for it as its just a pain and time consuming to drop the tank. I just completely reworked that fuel system on my Coupe so I have the part numbers handy:

Fuel tank filler neck grommet from AutoZone - Spectra Premium Fuel Filler Neck Seal, P/N FNA03
Fuel pump hanger (also works on the fuel sending unit) lock ring and seal from AutoZone - Spectra Premium Fuel Tank Lock Ring, P/N LO03
Fuel pump strainer for Walbro 190 or 255 lph pump - Walbro P/N 125-157
Fuel pump strainer for stock pump - Spectra Premium P/N STR44
Fuel vapor valve -E7DZ-9B593-A
Fuel vapor valve seal - F6TZ-9B076-AA

I put the fuel pump strainer part numbers for aftermarket Walbro pump and the one for the stock pump. Not sure if they are different so wanted to post both. Hope this helps.

I’ve thought, even if I’ll considering to sell better to fix and someone else can continue to enjoy riding.

I’ve found some of them on a website (I don’t know - it is allowed to give name of website). I’ve tried to send you a personal message of what I’ve found but I didn’t succeed.

how can I send you a pm to show what I’ve found and not

Here are what i’ve found - i guess there are some parts missing that i have to order.

I really appreciate for your help, I wish in Sweden we had the same mustang collaboration as USA, Mexico, Canada..

Do I need something more?

Attachments

• IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3362.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
This is just me but I would go with a Walbro 190 lph pump (P/N GSS242). They are fine on a stock motor or one with mild upgrades. Far better pump that the stock 88 lph parts store units. They can be had here in the US for about $82.

I am not sure that you need a filler neck, fuel pump hanger, tank straps, or the filler cap unless you know the ones on your car are in bad shape.

• Useful
All you really need is the filler neck seal but, I would follow AeroCoupe's advice and replace the fuel pump with the Walbro unit while the tank is out.
I've dropped my share of Fox body gas tanks and I've found it waaay easier to take a few minutes to fab up a cheap/simple fuel tank cradle. It truly makes it a one man operation to remove/install the tank and only takes minutes! It even works with a full tank of gas as the cradle is bolted to the floor jack and won't fall off. Scrap 2x4s, a 1" pipe nipple, 7/8" bolt/washers/nut and a few minutes of your time makes life a whole lot easier!

P7040005.jpg

P7040004.jpg

P7040008.jpg

P7040003.jpg

P7010002.jpg

P7010001.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users
Woow this is really smart I love it - I was actually wondering how I should drop gas tank .

’m pretty sure this is going to make easier for every sn95 and fox body owner.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge

I used my motorcycle lift..No pictures of lifting the gas tank, but here is one of lifting my new rear end... It worked REALLY well for that...
DSCF1283.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users
The GSS340 would be the one to get based on the suction port as it’s the same as the stock unit. 255 lph is a lot of volume but if it’s all you can get it will work.

I’m pretty sure BBK and Accel have them as well.

Is this company any good where you are at?

I’m not up on the exchange rates but it appears to be really expensive. I can get a Walbro 190 for about $90 US.

Nobody cares about your rear end :doh:
I know, I get alot of hate mail about it....
Trying to show how handy my motorcycle lift has been for lifting items rather than using a car jack... The wide base works well for Gas tanks, rear ends, and even transmissions..... I only have a pic showing it lifting my blasphemous 9".... LOL...
Here is another .......
DSCF1282.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha