Gears In

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
And what a difference i cant get traction in first and most of second. im in Nogales Sonora i paid 75 bucks. no whining or nothing. going to track on Friday.:banana: :banana: :banana: dam this is tight.

• Sponsors (?)

really? that much of a difference? usually everyone says its the 1st thing to do, but beleive it or not i have stock gears. prolly one of few. i figure to wait and see which direction im going b4 i pick a gear. i change my mind on setups all the time. should i install a gear and get it over with or do like im doing and wait?

i got mine two weeks ago. worth every penny. i cant wait to go back to the track. they open back up on wed. im hoping to improve on my 60' time. i got a new clutch and its much easier to drive on the street so im hoping for at least a 2.0 and low 13's:D

Damn straight...best mod going.. How you like the mid range hit now...:D

Suspect...get some 373s and have at it...times a wasting...they really are worth the money....I went 355s for 2 yrs then went to 373s....love em...

On the drivers side, pull the plug, undo the bolt and pull the VSS out...you'll see when you get it out how to swap the gear, circ-clip or something like that holds it in, its been awhile since I did it...Way tit though....10 minute job...

speedo_drive.jpg

i dont think they go backward, also the gear for the speedo, i beleve is white, but it will eventually get chewed up, and the plastic teeth go in to your tranny. I had the same problem, and found out about the plastic bits when i rebuilt my t-5. I took off the tailshaft and put the correct drive/driven gears

GreenMustangGt said:
i dont think they go backward, also the gear for the speedo, i beleve is white, but it will eventually get chewed up, and the plastic teeth go in to your tranny. I had the same problem, and found out about the plastic bits when i rebuilt my t-5. I took off the tailshaft and put the correct drive/driven gears
is that bad for the tranny? and by the way when i im fifth and pass 3000rpms. and put it in neutral or hit the clutch, the car shakes. and the shifter really shakes. any ideas why?