Gears swap: n00b question

Ok, so this might seem like a stupid question, but here goes. I've been wondering if the gears from an f-150 or ranger with an 8.8 will work in my mustang's 8.8. I've been doing a little bit of googling and the info is tough to come across, but so far it looks like "yes". I want to confirm this before I try, though. The big thing I'm worried about is the spline count. This site says that gears will interchange regardless of spline count, but differentials will not. I would like to confirm this. Also, would I be able to use the limited slip from one of these trucks provided it's from a truck with 28 spline axles? That site lists which Rangers to look for in that regard but I haven't been able to find similar information regarding F-150s. Any help would be appreciated, but if this is a stupid question feel free to flame.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes.. you can use the gears from an F-150. No you can not use the limites slip from a truck unless you get a set of 31 spline axles to go with it. Moser makes some nice ones that fit nicely with the Track-Lok from the Ford Trucks.

No.. you can use them but I don't consider the limited slip from a Ranger to be an "upgrade". I'm not sure but I believe that the only Rangers that had track-locs in them were 4x4s. You CAN use Ranger axles from various years to upgrade your rear end to 5 lug disk though. There's a great site out there that explains the whole mess that I don't have with me here. I'm sure that someone will come along shortly and post that site for you though.