Going for 6's tonight

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Getting bottle prepped for top off. Hoping to make my first pass into the 6's tonight, we will see.
20180615_075624.jpg

Joe

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, it was a bust. Long story but I spent all day repairing my work truck, putting me an hour behind. Rushed to the track and left the street tire nitrous progression in it for the first run. Tapped the rev limiter twice and broke my pro 5.0 shifter off on the 3-4, lol. Personal best of a 7.29 from a previous best of 7.45, but should have been better. Plugs showed signs of a litte detonation too, so probably over times. I will have a video later.

Joe
20180615_210304.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
That's a pretty good 60' IMO.
Been 1.57 multiple times on motor alone.
Trying to get my father-n-law to upload video.

Launched it at 5k instead of 6k because I thought the spray would come on right away. I forgot I had the nitrous was setup with a .5 second delay, so the car dead hooked but then pulled away when it did spray. Also had it setup on a 30%-100% over 1 second with the ramp starting over every gear change. Combining that soft setting with bumping the rev limiter twice and too much timing really hurt the run.

Next time I will pull 2 more degrees, launch at 50% immediately going full in 1 second then leave it 100% for the entire run. Should be bottom 7 if not high 6.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Damn! That sounds like a pretty cool ability to tune the launch.
Lol, my stuff is extremely basic and old school. Stock a9l with a motorsport extender to get past the rev limiter and a NOS mini progressive controller. 12 year old Msd 6al and 2 step, that's it.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I can hear the RPM dip a bit, but I didn't think it was that bad. Sounds like a pretty good launch to me. What did you say your fastest 60' was? And was the video the 1.61 60'?

Best 60 is 1.57, done several at 1.57 and 1.58, best 1/8th was 7.45, both those times on motor. This was the 1st time spraying the car on et streets and also on a track running a timer. The better 60fts come with a 6k launch. My avatar pic is from the 7.45 run. Yes, the video is the 1.61 run.

Joe