good gt40p head reading, couple questions.

I don't know that I would bother with all the machine work on the bottom end that you're talking about. Getting a stroker kit these days is so cheap, that it would almost be pissing away money to grind the crank and just put new pistons in. If your motor is healthy right now, maybe just put new rings and bearings in it at the most. Save your money for better things.

I agree with these guys though:
Definitely 255 lph fuel pump, skip anything smaller.
New stock replacement oil pump, nothing more, nothing less.

I would say take it a step further on the cam, you can definitely do better than the ones you've listed. I like the Comp XE line of cams. Maybe a XE266 or 270, or maybe a 274 if you want something a little more aggressive. You can call Comp and have them help you select a cam, too. Get a matching set of roller rockers and springs.

You can go with the Explorer 65mm TB, but I will say that an aftermarket 70mm TB lines up nearly perfectly with the stock Explorer intake opening. Just something to think about.

You should look at THIS THREAD. It can be found inside Fox talk's really common questions thread:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/fox-talks-really-common-questions-thread.825480/

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I might just leave the short block alone, get the heads redone, make sure the block is flat where the head mounts and do some form of valve springs and a nice cam and ported exploder intake.

Hard to think of spending this money when an on3turbo kit is 1400 dollars and would get me to 400 hp.

I will for sure do an oil pump and 255 pump too

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I would do the same man. i agree with nikwoac though, call Comp, tell them about your setup and goals. They will help you pick a cam/valve springs/roller rocker combo that are meant to run together. have the heads cleaned and put together, slap em on with new ARP bolts, and you should have a pretty good runnin little stang.

i dont get why more people arent doing the on3 turbo kit. for 1400 bucks plus some more fuel you get 400 hp. thats pretty cheap power.

if i were to decide i wanted to go with the trick flow hci package route, what else would i need just lower gaskets?

that kit has too small of a head to feed a 347 bottom end right? i can call them and have them sub the tfs1 cam out for a tfs2, or just have a custom one made, but the heads flow too little? im wondering if i could call and have them sub in bigger heads (for more cost of course) then the intake would be the bottleneck then.

i dont get why more people arent doing the on3 turbo kit. for 1400 bucks plus some more fuel you get 400 hp. thats pretty cheap power.

if i were to decide i wanted to go with the trick flow hci package route, what else would i need just lower gaskets?

that kit has too small of a head to feed a 347 bottom end right? i can call them and have them sub the tfs1 cam out for a tfs2, or just have a custom one made, but the heads flow too little? im wondering if i could call and have them sub in bigger heads (for more cost of course) then the intake would be the bottleneck then.

which TFS top end kit are you talking about? if it has the twisted wedge heads, then i don't see them having a problem with the heads being to small. those twisted wedge heads make really good power

and yea, 1400 for the on3 turbo kit is pretty cheap, but will your bottom end hold up to the power being pushed through it? if you tune it down to about 5-7 psi, the it should hold up, but anything more and you will probably be rebuilding the short block before too long.

you can easily add another $1000+ to the price of that on3 kit after you factor in new:
injectors
mass air
fuel pump
"custom" exhaust..you'll need to buy or fabricate some sort of "Y" shaped mid pipe to run dual exhuast, or go with a big single exhuast system...
and $ for a good tune

you can easily add another $1000+ to the price of that on3 kit after you factor in new:
injectors
mass air
fuel pump
"custom" exhaust..you'll need to buy or fabricate some sort of "Y" shaped mid pipe to run dual exhuast, or go with a big single exhuast system...
and $ for a good tune

very true, but you are going to have to upgrade all of that with any forced induction kit.

this is the cheapest kit for forced induction ive found.

the cheapest SC kit was the Vortech V3 SCi kit (from what ive found).
It starts at about $1900 w/o the fuel pump, filters, or maf.

idk about the on3 kit for the Fox's, but i know the sn95's have to have an aftermarket k-member as well.

yeah its the cheapest no doubt..

i was just pointing out the fact that its not "just the price of the kit" that you need to run it(without blowing the engine to pieces, anyway)..plus, for the $1400 base price you get a chinese no-name turbo...you used to be able to upgrade to a master power unit for a few hundred extra..or a Precision for another $600 or $700...but again..there goes the budget

as far as i know the fox kit fits with the stock k member, but i think you have to buy an oil filter relocation kit..unless it comes in the kit, i dont know

they're actually $1475+85 shipping =$1560 base price

i almost bought one a few years ago, but after doing research on them and finding alot of problems with the hotside and headers cracking, shabby welds and stuff, i decided not to do it..i think they've gotten alot better since then tho

i almost bought one a few years ago, but after doing research on them and finding alot of problems with the hotside and headers cracking, shabby welds and stuff, i decided not to do it..i think they've gotten alot better since then tho

FROM WHAT IVE READ THEY HAVE ALSO... THEY SWITCHED FROM STAINLESS TO MILD STEEL HEADERS.

IVE ALSO BEEN LOOKING OVER THIS OPTION IF I CAN GET ENOUGH CARS LINED UP TO DETAIL