Good paint stripper

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
I tried to use the Spary can Aircraft remover on my stock intake back when I took it off and it didn't really work for ****. So does anybody know of anything thats better? Or is it just because the intake is so crappy done. I want to strip the paint off my bike's gas tank and don't wanna spend the money on the Aircraft stuff if its not gonna work.

I need something that will clean it up real good cause for 1 I have a couple holes in the tank I need to either get welded or JB Weld them and 2 so I can repaint it.

• Sponsors (?)

I used some stuff called Jasco to strip paint from the engine bay of my Datsun 240Z. It works pretty well, only required a small amount of scraping after the stripper was removed.
You can buy it at Home Depot for about $8.00 a can, I think. It's been a while since I bought the can but I know it's not very expensive.
Be sure to wear rubber gloves when you apply the stuff, getting it on your skin is a bad idea, burns like hell.

ZcarGuy

zcarguy said:
I used some stuff called Jasco to strip paint from the engine bay of my Datsun 240Z. It works pretty well, only required a small amount of scraping after the stripper was removed.
You can buy it at Home Depot for about $8.00 a can, I think. It's been a while since I bought the can but I know it's not very expensive.
Be sure to wear rubber gloves when you apply the stuff, getting it on your skin is a bad idea, burns like hell.

ZcarGuy

Got any pics of that thing sounds like a beast

well I went to Home Depot and got a can of this stuff called Klean-Strip Premium Stripper and this stuff is bad ass. Suppose to work in 15 min. I sprayed it on and watched the paint peal up within like 3 min. Its pretty cool watching it work. I might have to try this stuff on my stock intake. Polish that sucker up and throw it on ebay