Good sounding muffler suggestions

Hello everyone, I have an 02 mustang gt that has flowmaster 10s, and has had all the cats removed by previous owner. It has an h pipe and stock manifolds. The way it sits the drone is VERY bad at 1500-2200 rpms, almost unbearable with the windows up. And on top of that, I don’t really care for the tone either. Do you guys have any suggestions on affordable, good sounding mufflers that aren’t going to kill my ears on the highway? Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

You sound like you might be a candidate for turbos.
Magna Flow or Dynomax (turbo style)

All Flowmasters (chamber style) drone some unless you attenuate the system with resonators or such. Even then there still loud.

Super turbo muffles and high flow cats on my 5.0 still doing rumbly at idle, they drone much quieter, and seem to get quieter (more of a whoosh sound) at full throttle, high rpms. I thought the Dronemaster mufflers that came we’re going to ruin my hearing and I could hardly hear the stereo, it is still not quiet at all, but I can tell what songs are on the radio.

I would just go om Amazon and read the reviews for cheap ones.Sometimes you have to be cheap. Measure yours and see what they have for cheap. I think the 10s are really short.....Like the racing ones. Like a foot long maybe. Most guys here have the Drones.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to kinda add some experiences for those looking. My '01 Bullitt has Super 44's with the rest of the system being stock. Very nice sound, zero drone yet sounds great when you open it up (you know like tunnels and overpasses). My wife's '02 Roush has stock (for Roush) Magaflows and sounds very good, but is substantially quieter. Also zero drone. Now the Summit turbo mufflers on my '68 drone enough to make your head hurt on longer trips so that's what I'm comparing it to.

Reactions: 1 user