goofy idle problem, bad ecu possibly?

Green94GTvert

Sep 3, 2004
I did a AODE to T5 swap about a year ago and have been having problems with my computers. The auto one works, without the speedo plugged in, but still pulls timing sometimes. I bought a t4mo (I think) 5 speed GT computer from a guy over the net. When I installed it, I got a 1500 rpm idle when hot and like 2000 rpm idle on cold start. I figured it was the tranny wiring harness so i took the computer out and put the auto back in, idles at 800. I got the wiring harness and installed it with the 5 speed computer figuring that would fix the problem but it didn't I still have a 1500 rpm idle. I got it down to 1200 by turning the IAC screw all the way in. I have scanned the thing, checked the timing, and everything else I can think of. I found only a high curb idle code using a snap-on scan tool. I tried using the idle self test and it told me to adjust the idle stop screw, which didn't help at all. Is it possible that I have a bad ECU, I figure I do because when I put the auto in it idles fine. Also the ECU said remanufactured on it so that kinda set off an alarm in my head as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Adam

• Sponsors (?)

That does sound funny. I've heard the aod computers run better in stick cars.
I'd venture to guess the puter is bad. Only way to tell is take it to Ford, but we all know how much that'll cost....to d*** much. Auto Zone, Advance Auto, etc. sell remanufactured (i think) puters, but at least you could take it back if it doesn't pan out. I'm pretty sure there is a core charge, but they're not to expensive. Good Luck!