Got A New Job

DFG 5OH

Aug 28, 2004
Louisville, KY
I was working at a Movie Theater with 4 screens, AND a Restraunt busting tables and washing dishes. My uncle owns both places. My friend's dad offered me a job at his screen printing shop, he's VERY successfull and needs some help. At the movie theater I made $5.45 an hour, and at the screen place i'm going to make $6.00 starting out. I'm really excited, i gave them a one day notice lol.

Yea i had a cake job at the movie theater, but i really needed to get outta there (family, screwy bosses) there was a lot of **** that went on that i didnt like. I like hard work so i think i'll like the screen printing life.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, i started my job today, 8-5:30 with a 45min lunch break. It was fun, my best friend's dad owns it, and its all family operated, cept me, and i know them all. I caught on quick, and tomrrow i'm going to learn how to screen print. I might be making shirts for some on you on here one day.

matthiasj said:
Yea i had a cake job at the movie theater, but i really needed to get outta there (family, screwy bosses) there was a lot of **** that went on that i didnt like. I like hard work so i think i'll like the screen printing life.

I know how you feel working for family. It can be a real PITA sometimes. The only reason I haven't quit my job already is I make $9 and hour, and anywhere else would start me out at like $6 or something. I can't live with $6. :(

* update here guys. I worked my ass off and got a raise 5 days into the job. So i started out at $6.50 instead of $6.00!!! i also got paid today and i made $341.xx. My last check at my previous job was $93.xx :( This new check is NOT COUTING the $100 tip he gave the the other night for staying late :D :D:D now i dont feel to guilty for spending the cash on heads/cam/intake saturday :D

i'm 17 years old. This job is really great for me. Mon-Fri 8am to 6 or 7pm. I get weekends off. I get paid time and a half overtime. Only bad thing is that when school starts i wont be able to work but maybe 15 hours a week. :( I'll need to figure something out when school starts back in august.

Sweet. Do you still work at the restaurant? What I did was bust my ass as a busser and make OK money but I worked way harder then everyone and the owners/managers noticed. Then the day I turned 18 I told them I wanted to be a waiter and they said sounds good. Ive been working at this restaurant for like 8 months now, and some of the other bussers have been there 2+ years. Now im a waiter making 18-20 dollars an hour on average OUT OF SEASON. Once I move out for college I will be able to get a job as a waiter since I will have experience and will be making ~200 a night once were in season. Then I will proceed to take over the world.