• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Got my first bolt on.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimTMich
  • Start date Start date Aug 12, 2004
J

JimTMich

Member
Mar 20, 2003
161
0
16
Michigan
Aug 12, 2004
#1
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #1
I've got a Ford cobra 94/95 intake and a 65mm bbk tb coming for my otherwise stock car! I plan on doing ported stock heads or gt40P heads as well and some 373 gears will round out my planed package. (maybe some 1.7 rr's if they would make a significant difference). I plan on sticking with the stock cam, maf and injectors to keep it simple and avoid tuning issues.

Should I bolt on the cobra intake and tb while I'm looking for heads, or will it do basicly nothing for me without the heads?
 
W

wytstang

Mustang Master
Mar 14, 2004
4,988
4
78
Summerville,SC missing South Fl. weather :(
Aug 12, 2004
#2
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #2
I have noticed a nice strong pull from mine. You really feel it at 3k rpms and up. I think it worth it but if you plan on getting heads soon than just wait and do it all at once.
 

AznStanger3v

Active Member
Aug 11, 2003
2,026
0
47
Northern VA
Aug 12, 2004
#3
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #3
itll definently do something. although for your head decision, your talking to a lot of die-hard AFR fans in here. bang for buck you cant beat them. but if you are wanting what you want, then good luck. i say just wait for when it comes time to get heads.
 

mystang94gt

New Member
Jun 14, 2004
951
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Aug 12, 2004
#4
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #4
Depends how long its going to be before you buy heads. I just got a ported stock lower frm Tmoss this week and will be putting it in as soon as I can because I dont have a time frame for when I will be able to buy the heads. but if you know the heads are coming soon then just wait and do it all at once.
 

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
6,817
12
79
DFW Texas
Aug 12, 2004
#5
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #5
WATCH OUT

IT'S A SICKNESS

IT WILL TAKE CONTROL OF YOU

BIG $$$ WILL FLY FROM YOUR WALLET

STOP NOW WHILE YOU CAN

Later
Grady
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Aug 12, 2004
#6
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #6
final5-0 said:
WATCH OUT

IT'S A SICKNESS

IT WILL TAKE CONTROL OF YOU

BIG $$$ WILL FLY FROM YOUR WALLET

STOP NOW WHILE YOU CAN

Later
Grady
Click to expand...
Ain't that the truth.

17yrOldStanger said:
although for your head decision, your talking to a lot of die-hard AFR fans in here. bang for buck you cant beat them
Click to expand...
Two words: Edelbrock Performer.

I'm going to try and prove all these AFR guys wrong pretty soon.

Joe
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Aug 12, 2004
#7
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #7
The Modding has Just begun
RC
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 12, 2004
#8
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #8
These guys are right, its a sickness and theres no cure for it
 
J

JimTMich

Member
Mar 20, 2003
161
0
16
Michigan
Aug 12, 2004
#9
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #9
Sickness

Striped5.0 said:
These guys are right, its a sickness and theres no cure for it
Click to expand...

I've been fighting it for over 20 years....(r/c cars, mustangs, guns, jet skis, Mustangs...) I'm getting better, but I go into relaps when I haven't turned a wrench for 3 weeks. My jet ski's are sick, I went too far and started melting pistons regularly, so I backed them off a little, now the Mustang goes under the knife....

I read the Haynes manual about replacing heads and cams tonight..... I've got cold feet for the heads, intake doesn't look too bad. Heads look like a lot of really big rusted bolts that are hard to get at..... Not looking forward to getting the exhaust manifold bolts off, or prying the heads off.

I think I'll do the intake to get warmed up, then I'll be pumped to do the heads.
 
F

FEESER 94 COBRA

New Member
Mar 5, 2004
142
0
0
Aug 12, 2004
#10
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #10
Joes95GT said:
Ain't that the truth.


Two words: Edelbrock Performer.

I'm going to try and prove all these AFR guys wrong pretty soon.

Joe
Click to expand...
I LIKE WHAT I AM HEARING
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Aug 12, 2004
#11
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #11
JimTMich said:
I've been fighting it for over 20 years....(r/c cars, mustangs, guns, jet skis, Mustangs...)
Click to expand...

For me, it's just computers and the stang, thank God!

RC
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Discussion on mild budget build/ top end
  • Acesario
  • Feb 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
929
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 23, 2026
General karthief
S
5.0 Rebuild
  • smittys7up
  • Nov 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
970
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
keel
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Hard to start when engine is cold
  • 86_Capri
  • Mar 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?