Got My Midpipe Installed

Pearl02

Nov 27, 2004
Kansas City
I got my MRT midpipe installed last Thursday. It wasn't to bad of a job. I had no problems with the exhaust manifold bolts. I oiled everything up and let it sit overnight. I used my impact gun to remove the bolts. I had all 4 of thoses bolts off in 10 minutes. Ofcourse, the passenger side was a pain but they came out. I spent more time removing the bolts from my catback system. For the most part I followed MRT instrution. The instruction stated to "losely" assemble the "H" pipe and install it on the headers. I had trouble with that. I ended up taking it apart and installing one side at a time. I would have saved myself some time if I had done it that way to begin with. Once I got the 2 sides together, I used a robber mallot to "press" the 2 sides together. It took me less that 3 hrs to do the job. Now that I know some "shortcut", I could do this job quicker. It sounds great mated to my Magnaflow catback. Good thing about is no exhaust leaks at the headers! I can tell that it picked up a few ponies and I love the sound. This can be easily done in your driveway/garage. Just make sure you have enough clearence to get the pipes out from underneath the car. I highly recommend any type of midpipe install. The stock midpipe is very restrictive compared to any after market one. Pearl02.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man. I'll probably need help with getting that sound clip uploaded. I really wasn't that hard of a job. A second hand would have come in handy. I had a buddy on "stand by" just in case. Pearl02.

I HATE installing midpipes..... Just annoys the hell out of me. Not a hard job at all, just not the most fun I ever had. I actually don't mind pulling a trans but to me, the mid pipe is the worst part of the job. I know, I'm weird.

Its esp bad on my 98 since one of the header studs stripped out and I use a bolt instead... ugh talk about a nightmare. I know.... I should pony up for long tubes since factory logs leave much to be desired, but I'm a brokem mofo right now. The economy can kiss my arse.

I HATE installing midpipes..... Just annoys the hell out of me. Not a hard job at all, just not the most fun I ever had. I actually don't mind pulling a trans but to me, the mid pipe is the worst part of the job. I know, I'm weird.

Its esp bad on my 98 since one of the header studs stripped out and I use a bolt instead... ugh talk about a nightmare. I know.... I should pony up for long tubes since factory logs leave much to be desired, but I'm a brokem mofo right now. The economy can kiss my arse.

I would probably feel the same way if I had a header stud strip out. I can't imagine pulling the tranny out without a lot of clearence. While the job wasn't "fun" , it also wasn't overly painful either. Pearl02.

I feel the same way... It takes me 2 hours to pull a tranny. And one of those is removing the midpipe... My left stud on the manifold stripped out also.