Got Some Nitto NT05's + Legit Alignment *Sticky Rubber Content*

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
Nitto NT05 Tire Install + West End Alignment Appointment!!!

After a few years on my 4th set of Nitto 555's, it was time for some new tires. I had ordered my 5th set of 555's, but after installing the blower the 555's could not handle the power and torque of the Twin Screw. 555's were ok for 260rwhp, but for 400rwhp i needed some sticky rubber. So i cancelled my order of 555's

I did alot of research looking at the Falkin 615K, the Khumo, and the NT05s. After much reading till my eyes were Numb, I decided to go with Nitto NT05 in stock 275/40 size all around. I prefer a square tire set up on all 4 corners so i can rotate the the tires for longer life and the square tire setup i find provides more neutral handling characteristics. Got a hook-up at America's Tire so i got the tires price matched. America's tire has always provided the best price for me with a warranty.

Tire Impression: - Just at first notice, the compound on these tires is SOFT. The treadwear is 200 and the depth is 7/32. I compared and felt the NT01 at the same time as i felt the NT05 and they felt of very similar feel. The NT05's grip MUCH harder than the 555's with the 555's, 1st and 2ns gear were a joke. Now i can nail it in 2nd and 1st grips once the tires warm up. I still spin first it i get on it hard enough.

The NT05's have a stiffer sidewall. I actually think they ride better than the 555's because the stiffer sidewall gives more connection to the road. The tires make the car handle very give at the turn it. I can also get on the gas much earlier in a turn without the back kicking out all scary :)

West End Alignment: As always, I only go to Daren @ West End Alignment in Gardena. He is the BEST alignment Guru in So Cal, and I even feel the western US. Since the Kenne Bell added more weight to the car, I lost a little bit of turn in feel. Darren gave me a more agressive set up giving me more turn in bite. Feels VERY good. West End alignment is amazingly careful when they work on a car. I really only trust Darren@West End Alignment and Greg@RET to touch my car. Other than that I do my own work. The Alignment feels great and the car tracks VERY smooth with the new rubber and set up.

Sticky Rubber FTMFW

IMG_5305Small.jpg

IMG_5308Small.jpg

IMG_5315Small.jpg

IMG_5320Small.jpg

IMG_5323Small.jpg

IMG_5330Small.jpg

Bye Bye 555's

IMG_5332Small.jpg

IMG_5333Small.jpg

Get Em' On!!!

IMG_5338Small.jpg

IMG_5339Small.jpg

IMG_5343Small.jpg

IMG_5346Small.jpg

I Brought my Favorite Tire Shine (at the moment) to put on right at the tire shop. Wanted some Fresh looking rubber. Chemical Guys G6 Makes it Fly!!

IMG_5350Small.jpg

IMG_5429Small.jpg

IMG_5433Small.jpg

IMG_5435Small.jpg

IMG_5437Small.jpg

IMG_5369Small.jpg

IMG_5371Small.jpg

IMG_5373Small.jpg

IMG_5376Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I am glad someone on the forum put these tires on the front tho. I am in need of new fronts, and have been thinking about getting these. Good to hear they do good.

It pisses me off SOOOO much when people have nice cars with ****ty tires. Or they cheap out and get good tires in the back with sumicrapo on the front.

Tires make or break how a car performance, drives, a behaves IMO.

I don't drag race on my DR's. I use to have street tires on the car when I first put nitrous on it. I almost wrecked the car when I sprayed it in 2nd. The car went completely sideways. I went straight home and ordered some 555R's. My 555R's are wore out now and I'm thinking about doing NT-05R's out back with NT-05's up front.

I actually don't like the way the large 2 center grooves look. Also, when discount tire works on my car they get to pull out jackstands as they don't get to use the cheater lift being that the car is lowered with headers. It will drag just getting over that dang thing.