Got something new....and its cool

• Sponsors (?)

Replaced the door lock actuator today. It's been a while since I have seen an uncut vapor barrier and factory premium sound door speaker. I dont think the door panel has ever been off the car.

Screenshot_20221112-035026_Gallery.jpg
20221112_035105.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Replaced the door lock actuator today. It's been a while since I have seen an uncut vapor barrier and factory premium sound door speaker. I dont think the door panel has ever been off the car.

20221112_035105.jpg
Pretty nice to find cars that have not had somebody's hands on every part of it...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Am I the only one that hates the chrome door locks next to the painted door handles? My car is this way and I am used to it but I would like to black them out but then you have to deal with key scratches.

Anyhow, door handles look good. What did you paint them with and are you going to do any of the rest of the trim or is all of that in good shape?

My vapor barriers were still intact when I tore my doors down a couple years ago too. I was surprised. I painted my lock cylinders black when I repainted my handles.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the 38lb injectors and C&L meter on the car that it came with. I could not get it to start without holding the gas pedal to the floor. This car is NOT a racecar, so I figured it would be ok to run 24 lb injectors. I ordered a Pro-M Mass Air meter for 24 lb injectors, and installed that with my Ford Racing 24's. Car runs SO much better. Starts right up, idles nearly perfect. I drove it around the block today....drives good. This car could be the best 6k I ever spent. :rock:

View: https://youtu.be/pJDZ8BKE1rA

• Hell Yeah!
So I pegged the 24’s on my Coupe with a 306 making 280ish rwhp so around 340 fwhp. Calculators all showed around 310 fwhp at 80% duty so this made sense. Swapped to 42’s and it jumped to 300+ rwhp the next weekend on the dyno. The 42’s were moved over to the current 331 making 460+ fwhp and my tuner said they are about at their limit. He also let me know that I’m running out of fuel pump as he had to bump the FP up to keep up with the motor. Ran a couple injector calcs at 80% duty with the 42’s and 550 fwhp is about their limit. Car is getting a bigger fuel pump this winter.

You said it’s not a race car but a lean motor is a lean motor so be weary of the 24’s on that motor. I would say you need 36’s and a fuel pump to keep up to be safe but it’s your car.

So I pegged the 24’s on my Coupe with a 306 making 280ish rwhp so around 340 fwhp. Calculators all showed around 310 fwhp at 80% duty so this made sense. Swapped to 42’s and it jumped to 300+ rwhp the next weekend on the dyno. The 42’s were moved over to the current 331 making 460+ fwhp and my tuner said they are about at their limit. He also let me know that I’m running out of fuel pump as he had to bump the FP up to keep up with the motor. Ran a couple injector calcs at 80% duty with the 42’s and 550 fwhp is about their limit. Car is getting a bigger fuel pump this winter.

You said it’s not a race car but a lean motor is a lean motor so be weary of the 24’s on that motor. I would say you need 36’s and a fuel pump to keep up to be safe but it’s your car.
Car has a new 255 lph pump. Car will never see a dyno or a track (we have no track here) and will stay NA. If I end up with a lean condition I will address the injectors.

I would consider a Boost-A-Pump for both of these instances. Download and take a look at the Fuel Flow Forensics article here:

I run a BAP with my 255L high pressure at a constant 13.5 volts. It pushes pump volume up a pretty good tic. I also don't get voltage dips from our archaic electrical system. :D

On a side note, also run a Boost-a-Spark Just to keep the coil saturated and combat voltage dips/spikes. My ignition system is otherwise stock.

20221112_035105.jpg
When I got my 93 back in 07 the shields looked the same, not so much since I replaced actuators then window motors.
Wondering how many ssp got premium speakers as it doesn't seem to be police required, my be rare.