GT Vert and Racing Stripes Question??

SpazHairlip

Jun 13, 2005
Ok, I have a question about racing stripes. I’m getting the last 05 GT Vert from the dealer when it comes in next week. It’s Torch Flame red and has a black top with graphite interior. I’m going to have them put racing stripes on the car for me, I was going to do black. My question is, on the spoiler, do the racing stripes go over, under or both? I’m going to have the stripes start at the base of the radiator and up, but I’m not sure about the back.

Also, is it stupid to have stripes on a convertible GT, should they only be on coupes?

• Sponsors (?)

SpazHairlip said:
Ok, I have a question about racing stripes. I’m getting the last 05 GT Vert from the dealer when it comes in next week. It’s Torch Flame red and has a black top with graphite interior. I’m going to have them put racing stripes on the car for me, I was going to do black. My question is, on the spoiler, do the racing stripes go over, under or both? I’m going to have the stripes start at the base of the radiator and up, but I’m not sure about the back.

Also, is it stupid to have stripes on a convertible GT, should they only be on coupes?
well for the spoiler its your choice, personally I'd put them on the spoiler and the rear bumper.

As for being a convertable, well remember where the stripes have their origin, it wasn't with Mustangs at all. It was with the AC Cobra's and the stripes where Shelby racing stripes. The Cobra's where all convertables, admittidly often with a hard top roof but the stripes wheren't always on that.
AC-Cobra-427_big.jpg

Original AC Cobra 427 s/c complete with stripes and spots where the race number would be entered often with tape so that it could easily be changed.

You are the one you need to satisfy, but I don't like the stripes on the vert because to my eye it lacks continuity. If the top is up there's no stripe on the top, and when it's down there's no place for the stripe.

They look pretty hot on that cobra, but I think the cobra would probably look good w/ polka dots.

I have the same color combination on my 2005 vert. It's coming in 3 weeks.

After much consideration, I'm going with the tripple black stipes on the side. I decided not to use the rally stripes on the hood and trunk. I agree with topless beach. The convertible just does not look right with the rally racing stripes. Anyway, everyone else is adding rally stripes, so I wanted something that would look different.

Instead, I am taking styiling hints from the Mach 1 mustang from 69. I will be painting the center section of the hood black. I'm going to black out the rear panel between the tailights and paint the mirrors body color. I'm also thinking of painting the rear spoiler black but I'm goging to wait to decide on that one.

If you want to see a similar paint scheme do a google search for the Steeda torch red Q.

topless beach said:
You are the one you need to satisfy, but I don't like the stripes on the vert because to my eye it lacks continuity. If the top is up there's no stripe on the top, and when it's down there's no place for the stripe.

Here is a pic of the factory stripes on an '04 convertible. I thought it might be helpful here...

40thGTVertWhite-2.jpg

Nice color combo! Sounds like yours will be the 1st twin to mine! Post pix as soon as you stripe it! I'm considering it myself, but am not convinced yet!

Attachments

• 42105 003edited2.jpg
    42105 003edited2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 230
Same issue

Can anyone either point out or post some pics of verts with stripes? I have been trying to find good pictures of some.

And I know its dark and gloomy, but I would love to see a sonic blue/black top with black stripes. Call me crazy but I want to see what it looks like.

thnx

topless beach said:
GT-03 I don't care much for that white
04 vert w/ stripes, but your gray 03 vert w/ stripes & shaker looks really nice.

I posted that pic of the white '04, only to help show that the stripes on the trunk lid can look lost and "orphaned" all by themselves back there. Which, was a point someone was making.

:worship: Thanks for the kind words about my ride.