Gt350 Intake And Throttle Body On A 2016 Gt

TravisA

Apr 26, 2017
Several months ago I installed a gt350 intake and throttle body on a 2016 gt and I had it tuned with bama. Right away I started having problems with the car backfiring during acceleration and lagging during acceleration. After about a week of driving it like that, it kept throwing a wrench light code p061b (internal torque calculation error). First I thought maybe it was an issue with the tune so I took it to get dyno tuned at reliable shop. The car ran fine for about a day or 2, but then the it started throwing the code again. Only when I started the car after it had been sitting for a while though, it did not throw it while I was driving. The car still lagged during acceleration, but it seemed to be better or worse based on the kind of weather. Then I thought maybe it was the throttle body so I replaced that and still kept experiencing the same problems. A couple days ago I found a video of a person who was running the same cai as me and intake and tb, but he had his vacuum lies into the plenum routed different. I tried to change my vacuum lines to match his to see if that would fix the problem but the car is still throwing the code. Also, just recently, my drivers side ac started blowing hot while my passenger side is actually blowing snow, no joke the car has actual snow flakes coming out of the ac and it's quite a bit. Does anyone have any ideas, maybe a vacuum leak somewhere? ive checked quite a bit and couldn't find any, but i only checked areas i could see. Maybe a bad ac compressor? but could it really be putting that much drag on the engine, because i still have problems when it is off although the problems get a lot better. I'm lost for ideas at this point hopefully someone else has had this problem.

• Sponsors (?)

Doesn't sound like your A/C compressor is the issue if you are getting cold air out of the passenger side.

I'm not sure about newer model cars. But older models used vacuum to control most all climate control functions. So just guessing from what you posted. You could probably put your vacuum lines back and see it that cures your A/C issue.

Doesn't sound like your A/C compressor is the issue if you are getting cold air out of the passenger side.

I'm not sure about newer model cars. But older models used vacuum to control most all climate control functions. So just guessing from what you posted. You could probably put your vacuum lines back and see it that cures your A/C issue.

I changed the vacuum lines up after I had this issue. So I don't think it's the way I have them set up.

Here's some photos of how i have it hooked up now. Sorry they are screenshots from a video so some of them might be blurry.

Attachments

• IMG_7429.PNG
    IMG_7429.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 980
  • IMG_7430.PNG
    IMG_7430.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 481
  • IMG_7431.PNG
    IMG_7431.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 433
  • IMG_7432.PNG
    IMG_7432.PNG