Engine GT40 Heads + Cam Help

• Sponsors (?)

your 86 has flat top pistons with no valve reliefs. You will need to check for PTV clearance with any cam that has a longer than stock duration. I csnnot remember off the top of my head but there are cams that will work with those pistons. If you had TW heads that would allow for a more aggressive cam vs. the stock style inline valve heads like GT40, AFR, etc. IMO the best option is to reach out to Ed Curtis and have him grind you a custom cam for your specs. It may cost a little more, but you will be smiling every time you drive it thanks to better manners and power.
I have TF TW 170 heads on the stock bottom end and stock flat-top pistons. Based on my reading, I’d need a less aggressive cam to improve driveability. I’ve put a little over 1,000 miles on my current setup, and although it runs great above 1,000 RPM, I’m thinking of a change for better driveability.

Reactions: 1 user
I have TF TW 170 heads on the stock bottom end and stock flat-top pistons. Based on my reading, I’d need a less aggressive cam to improve driveability. I’ve put a little over 1,000 miles on my current setup, and although it runs great above 1,000 RPM, I’m thinking of a change for better driveability.
you should be fine with the N41 but again check your PTV clearance as each engine is different base on variable such as head gasket thickness, have the heads been milled. build tolerances. rocker lift, pushrod length. Very cheap insurance . You should also check pushrod length to ensure proper valvetrain geometry.

Reactions: 1 user