GT500 Parts

• Sponsors (?)

Crash parts are what we used back in the parts department at my dealer. Must be "insider" lingo or something. I wont be making it into a GT500 really... Just making it resemble one. I was thinking of replacing the front cobra in the grill with a running pony like on the fenders of the Pony Package v6s.

EDIT: Crash parts technically means parts that are available for when you crash your car I guess. ie bumpers, hoods, pannels, stuff like that.

bigcat said:
the gt500 has different headlights too. they angle in towards the grille, the regular headlights go straight up and down near the grille.

It looks to me like they're the same headlights just the pillars on opposite sides of the grill are angled out more than stock. Compared to a picture of my car, the lights look the same.

Pliskin said:
It looks to me like they're the same headlights just the pillars on opposite sides of the grill are angled out more than stock. Compared to a picture of my car, the lights look the same.

not even close IMO. here are two pics for reference.....

cs3.jpg

f7971f98.jpg

I wouldnt get to excited. I know that witrh the ford rangers, if you have an XLT modle, and want to upgrade to a Ranger Edge bumper (chome vs paintable), you have to supply a Edge VUN number to get teh edge bumper. No vin, no bumper. Hopefully they do away with that though, because i to would love to get the gt500 front end. Looks so much more aggressive!!!

I dont like the side mirrors, the wing, the side scoops, the WHEELS, the door pannels, the head light and fog light covers, and the hood scoop. I like the front bumper. Looks nice.