Guess My H P !!! - The Dyno & 1/4 Mile Time Thread

You're still missing a piece. You're going to need a [chip] or [piggy-back] that plugs into the back of an EEC-IV computer and a way to tune it...

--or--

A stand-alone system like one of the [Squirts] :jester: or a Terminator etc...

The stock computer is not in any way, programmable.
That's what I'm talking about my current 94 was tuned by him with a chip that he tuned and burned the program too to plug in

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Either one is a band aid.
And disagree, there. Bigger airflow = more flow. More flow = less time to fill the cylinder. Less time to fill the cylinder = less duration & lift. Hence, Bigger heads = smaller cam. And Vice versa.

At the end of the day, a non-variable cam is always a band-aid, as we don't operate at a static RPM, but if that's your point, you wouldn't be here.

My setup is tuned with a 4-bank chip and an A9L. I will be looking for something better in the near future.
oh cool. I thought about going with a newer setup that changes can be made with easier and free by myself by learning all of what it takes to do it but to be honest I won't be messing with all of that tweaking and changing combos and such like that. What I build will be what it will be and has to be. After all my current combo in the 94 mostly consists of the same stuff for the most part, most of the big main things anyway.