Guess What? The Engine Guy Got His Car!

gregski

Mar 13, 2010
Sacramento, California
Well six months ago my wife bought me the 302 V8 engine and a C4 transmission as a birthday present. Some of you may have suffered through my posts as I tried to bring back "Mud Dog" back to life, and with your help I believe we did it.

And now approximately six months later I picked up a 1968 Ford Mustang coupe. Pretty much complete except for the hood for $800 bucks = score! ... and by the way it came with a 289 V8 and another C4 tranny not to mention three different kinds of mismatched rims, LOL.

The county told the pre-previous owner to get rid of some of his Mustangs as he had 30 on his property, that's why they marked them with the "X" or they would be towed otherwise. He kept the convertibles and the fastbacks and started liquidating the others to his neighbors. I got this one from one of those neighbors, a real ford guy, who already had four vehicles not counting this one.

Check out some of the pics, and yes a lot of bits like the seats, hood hinges, bumpers, windows, trim, weather stripping, door panels, are not shown, because they came home in the back of my truck.

DSCN4870.jpg

DSCN4873.jpg

DSCN4877.jpg

DSCN4897.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I think it is a JCW third brake light. Thats not a bad idea, but I would rather have it in the window, provided it was low profile and not obvious when off.

More Pics

Instead of sanding and cleaning and disassembling I just got back from a five day LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG camping trip with the family, can you say torture, guys? All I did was thumb through Mustang parts catalogs, LOL and drink beer dreaming.

Thank you all for checking out this post and wishing me luck and giving advice, here's a few more pics:

DSCN4886.jpg

DSCN4888.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

DSCN4885.jpg

Got a hood

Scored a used hood for it off of Craigslist for $60 bucks, believe it or not I pretty much have everything (in boxes, rafters, under the bed, lol for it) and all it needs is a lot of work, well except for the wear and tear items, like tires, brake shoes, fluids, belts, you get the idea.

$800 - car
$60 - hood
=========
$860 - TOTAL (so far...)

DSCN6452.jpg

DSCN6456.jpg

Got Sum Lug Nuts

well learned there's about 17 different lug nut types and out of the 7 different mixed and matched ones I had non were right for the wheels I just bought, so off to Tognotti's World I went and scored a set of the right ones at $2.25 each - yes I have the center caps I was just too excited to put one on for the photo opportunity, well maybe next time

$800 - car
$ 60 - hood
$250 - wheels
$ 50 - lug nuts (rounding for tax)

=========
$1160 - TOTAL (so far...)

DSCN9338.jpg

DSCN9340.jpg

DSCN9345.jpg