GURU'S:How much Rear Wheel Horse Power

Cordova_1

Aug 20, 2004
How much RWHP does anyonr think this setup would make?

GT40 ALUMINUM HEADS 59cc PORTED & POLISHED
GT40 UPPER & LOWER INTAKE W/1" HEAT SPACER
24 lb. injectors
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
COBRA 1.7RR
E303 CAM
STOCK BOTTOM
70MM THROTTLE BODY
C & L 73MM MASS AIR METER
K&N/ COLD AIR INDUCTION
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS WITH SMOG DELETE
CLUTCH FAN DELETE
MDS 6AL
TIMING @ 15 DEGREES
MAC 1 5/8 LONG TUBE HEADERS
O/R X-PIPE
40 SERIES FLOW MASTERS
3.73 GEARS

NATURALLY ASPIRATED HP?
150HP SHOT OF NITROUS? :shrug:
Thanks in advance to all that reply.

• Sponsors (?)

nah

My car with the same stuff except ported e7's made 271hp.. You could probly throw down 275ish to the rear.. and depending on the nitrous kit you should be within 10-15 horse of whatever the jets are labeled..i.e.~ 150 kit might give ya 140 ish more at the wheels if you have a good safe tune..

I wouldnt throw that 150 on there without bigger injectors and maybe a 190 pump

EDIT: Nevermind, I will learn to read now

EDIT#2: I could have sworn that injectors were not mentioned, now I see you edited and added them, O well, either way, I would think 270 ish.

I have all the boltons you have except AFR heads and Edelbrock intake and I would expect @270

Maybe I'm wrong, but your numbers seem a little inflated. Also the bigger your nozzles are, the less of an increase you'll see. i.e. a 100 shot may get you pretty close to 100 hp, but a 150 shot is going to be quite a bit less than 150. It's called the law of diminishing returns.

yea

The people who design the kits design the jets to be as close to the claimed size as possible.. So lets say the 100shot nozzle inlet size is 10MM, the 150 shot nozzle would be 15MM correct? Not really.. They know it takes more to get more power so they compensate by making the nozzle inlet size increasing larger as the shot size goes up.. Make sense? I know the nozzle inlet sizes aren't 10mm too I was using that as reference..

Like I stated above, I have almost the same combination as you except for AFRs and Edelbrock intake. The entire setup came out of a 91 hatch that weighed 3155 with driver. With Tremec, 355s, and full exhaust, the best he could run was 13.1x, and that was with 2.0 60fts., but he had a killer MPH, just cant remember exactly. The car was definitely 12 second capable, the driver just wasnt. This was N/A

Power to weight is where its at. My neighbor has a Maverick that weighs 2800lbs with him in it. The car has a totally tubular front end and surprisingly close to factory rear setup. 410 gears and slicks the car runs 11.40s all day long. 351W, AFR 185s, etc, etc. I expected the car to be putting easy 400 at the wheels, NOT, it put down 285 HP and 285FT/LB. This proves the theory that it doesnt take big power to run fast. I was in disbelief looking at his dyno charts.

So , I guess I am saying I have no idea what you could run, maybe 12s, maybe 14s. Depends on the car and you

Sounds like you can drive. If that is the case, I would say 12s are attainable with sticky tires. Just my .02

FWIW, I havent had a car that runs under 13.8 in 6 years so take it with a grain of salt.

I wouldnt say I can drive, but I have had better 60' times. I was running on NITTO drag radials. I couldnt get it to hook up too good. I'm going to go with M/T ET streets from now on.

ha!

cmb91LX said:
Like I stated above, I have almost the same combination as you except for AFRs and Edelbrock intake. The entire setup came out of a 91 hatch that weighed 3155 with driver. With Tremec, 355s, and full exhaust, the best he could run was 13.1x, and that was with 2.0 60fts., but he had a killer MPH, just cant remember exactly. The car was definitely 12 second capable, the driver just wasnt. This was N/A

Power to weight is where its at. My neighbor has a Maverick that weighs 2800lbs with him in it. The car has a totally tubular front end and surprisingly close to factory rear setup. 410 gears and slicks the car runs 11.40s all day long. 351W, AFR 185s, etc, etc. I expected the car to be putting easy 400 at the wheels, NOT, it put down 285 HP and 285FT/LB. This proves the theory that it doesnt take big power to run fast. I was in disbelief looking at his dyno charts.

So , I guess I am saying I have no idea what you could run, maybe 12s, maybe 14s. Depends on the car and you

I have the same combo with afr's eddy intake and ran a 13.1 @107 in my car cali emmisions legal, with Griggs gr-40 suspension..The engine is capable of way better times but the suspension isn't so you sir are correct about weight/suspension being a huge factory not necessarily horsepower..

In that case, your car probably handles really well, however, it leaves much to be desired in the drag racing perspective. There are guys on this site that run in the 12s with minor bolt ons, but their cars are setup for the strip suspension and weight transfer wise. Power means jack unless you can get it to the ground

I know this is sorta late, but I thought I would chime back in and let you all know that I have completed my mods. I ran a 13.61 @ 105mph still on nitto's, spinning like crazy on motor. I went back after hooking my n02 up and some et streets and run a 11.81 @ 118mph after my 3rd pass. I'm happy for now. Next time I'm adding a short belt, icing the intake, and removing dog bone from rear end.

a lot

That looks to me like a 280 HP setup and on N20 it should be at about 390 HP. This should be pretty close if using a mustang dynometer and the timing and plugs are correctly adjusted for N20. Good Luck with the numbers.