Had insomnia last night, decided to make a video

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it.

My exhaust consist of FMS shorty unequal length 1-5/8" headers, off road bassani X pipe, 2.5" flow tubes, 2.5" dynomax welded ultraflow mufflers, and 2.5" flowmaster tail pipes.

I used Nero software and windows movie maker to put the video together. I use windows moview maker because its very easy, and Nero because it makes capturing very easy too with my sony miniDV cam.

For those that said autocrossing is hard on a car, having done both I feel that drag racing is harder and you'll break a lot more parts doing it than autocrossing. The autocrossing season starts in a few weeks, I can't wait!!!

Paul, I would like your thoughts on this.;)

A run at the drag strip will be inside 12 seconds, right?

A run at an autocross event could be 1-2 minutes of random RPM, right?

Not to mention the brakes, right? :shrug:

Paul, I would like your thoughts on this.;)

A run at the drag strip will be inside 12 seconds, right?

A run at an autocross event could be 1-2 minutes of random RPM, right?

Not to mention the brakes, right? :shrug:

Yes, a run at the drag strip is less time per say, but it's definitely harder. Look at the launch, I'd launching at 5000rpms dumping the clutch, jolting the entire driveline, etc. I'm making every shift virtually at the rev-limiter in every gear, there is a sudden deceleration of the entire rotating assemble as I shift to the next gear. There is always the possibility of missing a shift and either over-rev'ing it or getting into the wrong gear and causing a catastrophic failure like I experienced.

At the autocross, I rarely shift gears once I am moving and I only go completely full throttle maybe 1-2 times on en entire run. I'm not launching at 5000rpms and causing all of that shock to the driveline. The rpm changes I do see are relatively low in the rpm range for most of the run. I bet I spend less time above 4500 rpms in an entire autocross run than I do in a 12 second pass at the track. Our autocross is a large one by comparison standards and most runs are done under 70 seconds for most of the course layouts. Sure brake pads will be abused more but I'd much rather go to the local auto parts store to purchase pads than spend a weekend replacing axles, transmissions, engines, etc from drag racing. I don't see how anyone that has done both would every say that autocrossing is harder on a car. You do have more lateral loads put on the car, but my doors still shut perfectly after a day at the autocross... I can't say the same for the drag strip.