Handz Rear Brake Replacement + More

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
So I did this a while back, just didnt post up about it.

So, My brake had this weird feeling coming from the rear. I had a feeling something was up, so i took the wheel off to find out one of my rear brake calipers was locked up at the Slider pins. They were rusted clean. All attempts (even with a torch) to remove the pins failed, So i bought a re-man'd caliper. Since I am OCD about my car, I did the other side at the same time. The parts store ended screwing up and only charging me for 1 caliper for I got the second for free.

Brand New (old) Calipers!!!

IMG_1142Small.jpg

Since RotorPro is VERY close to my house, i drove over to richard and got some new Slotted rotors for the rear!!!

Here is the finished product after a few coats of black paint + Clearcoat

IMG_1151Small.jpg

IMG_1152Small.jpg

Also replace my Totally worn rear ISOs with new Poly Ones!!

IMG_1145Small.jpg

IMG_1147Small.jpg

Finish product!!! Next: Paint Wheels Wells!!

IMG_1172Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I also painted my rotor hats and splash guards when I put on my drilled and slotted rotors. I also repainted and cleared my calipers in silver, it looks the best I thought with sonic blue.

We did the same on my buddies black car, but painted his calipers black also.

Looks great, as usual!:nice:

I painted my calipers red a little while back, and love it. Kinda sets the plain silver/chrome look of my car off. I scratched up the rear calipers when changing my brakes last weekend, so (now know how easy it is to take off the calipers) I may take them back off and do them really well. Same with the fronts when I replace those in the near future.

Does someone around have a write-up about painting the wheel wells? I almost know there is, but for some reason I can't seem to find it.

-Will