Happy B-Day to me + UPS + Pics

look at his sig

ha, thanks streetstang. This is just for refrence:

Attachments

• transmission2qm5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 87
I don't get it. What is this for. Do you have a stock automatic transmission. Or is it a drag trans. Well besides looking cool.

besides locking out P and R from any other gear (which is required for any track, tho stocker does this too), it lets you leave it in a selector mode where you can hit the shifter up to up shift - as you hit it it moves forward then springs back to it original position - then you keep hitting it up to keep up-shifting. Or hit it down to down shift and the same spring back to original position happens. So basically it lets you directly control gear selection and timing like paddle shifting does for many German cars except this is mechanical whereas those are electronic.
Furthermore, you can also leave it in drive mode and the tranny will do all of it's programmed shifts like always.

looks nice, do a write up...something I'm interested in. The only thing I find silly is why the handle is straight up It's technically further away from the driver than the stocker. Or is the handle replaceable.... I'm trying to get a cheap stocker out of a yard so I can see if the handle can be cut off and refabricated to bring it back and left towards the drivers seat.

oh yea.....happy birthday....have a can of on me.

yeah, that's true. We'll see how it sits when it's in there. I think it'll be fine for me, im 6'1" so i got long arms

Nice new parts man, i noticed it came with a regular knob and a t-handle. Is the t-handle for racing or something?

the "regular" billet knob is B&M's quicksilver knob i got seperatley. The T handle comes w/ the shifter assembly, and conteurs to your hand really well actually, but i dont like the look T-handles or chome shift knobs - so i got the other handle - which i like (takes up most of your palm) but isnt cheap for some reason.

I would definitely be interested in seeing it in action. I'm planning on getting a ratchet shifter when I build my trans as well. Now that your transmission is built, does it shift into OD crisply like the other gears, or does it still slide (and sometimes clunk) into gear? Can you hit OD at full throttle without it breaking? Sorry for hijacking your thread...I hope it's not too off-topic.

The only thing I don't like is the location of the O/D button.

Couple questions:
What does that cost, btw? I like the idea of how it shifts

How far does it move forward/backward during the shifting process?

What's involved in the installation process? (how long does the instruction sheet specify?)

IIRC, that was only made for the 96-98 model years, or no?

Part number on the box?

Thanks.