Has AnyOne Hit 200mph W/00-04 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

plan on going to a dry lake or something? besides the obvious power increase i'm gonna say you'll need to upgrade the aerodynamics of your car. 200mph is rare territory. I think only a few production cars can do it. Enzo, ford GT etc...

This is why I am asking... I wan't to do it. Salt flats is where it should happen. This is what I am doing to the car. Reinforcing the nose, a working air dam Cobra R OEM W/ all reinforcement hardware. ( After market does not have this....) I have the Cobra R rear wing. Pinned hood "a definate". Roll bars from ARP. One racing seat with harness.

Think it can be done??????

:nonono:

Coefficent drag is a major factor, It's decent in a mustang, i think .36 but will still take 600hp to break through the wind to reach that. The stock gearing is good enough to "In theroy" to reach 240+

What would be the point in hitting 200mph besides killing yourself and making it where noone can reconize you?

With only 380 HP WHoa. It is just gutted. I can get mine lighter. No laughing I am serious. Now I AM GOING TO DO IT cause it sounds like nobody has done it. Lets figure this out. I have an 03 GT 4.6...sounds like I will be the first to do it....with under 600hp.

Already looked that over. It looks like it can be done. Actually if you look it is already pretty flat. You are right it needs to be covered. Carbon fiber or aluminum... have to look further into it.. See...you guys are comming up with some logical good points.

Keep it rollin Engineers are welcome.

I heard a story from Dale over at Custom Performace who had a Stang in his shop with a blown engine. Apparently, the owner took the governers off, went out on a new stretch of un-opened hwy and put the peddle to the metal. From what the owner told Dale, he made it all the way to 148-149 and after pushing the tach to around 7k and holding it there for a few minutes trying to break 150, the poor 4.6 gave up the ghost.
I have no idea if that story is true but I don't take Dale to be a liar. Besides he has nothing to gain by saying it never made it to 150.

Not sure what mods were done to that stang?

Status
Not open for further replies.