Has anyone used spindles off of a 99+

nicks199050gt

Dec 31, 2004
NH
So i can get the whole front setup for like a hundred bucks off of a 2000, I know they make the front end wider but cant I just get a different offset wheel? Let me know what problems you have had and weather or not I should do it. My car has tons of suspension work done to it so it does sit low,Its a 90 gt

• Sponsors (?)

With those spindles you will need to run 8" wide rims. If you run a 9" wide wheel you will definitely have rubbing issues and the rims will stick out past the fender. I believe a lot of autocross guys run the 96+ spindles.

Depends on the offset of the rims. I have 01 GT rims and they don't stick out too far.

The problem I ran into was the length of the tie rods. Because the tie rod end mount on the spindle is much further out than the 89-95 spindle, you end up "unscrewing" the outer tie rods so far that not much of the inner tie rod end is threaded into it. You need to make sure you center the inner tie rods perfectly, other wise you will have more inner screwed into one of the outers and barely enough of the other side screwed into the other outer.

Even then, you don't have much inner on either side. I don't know how compatible the inners or rack are from 96+ to Fox....but that might be an option.

They are 9"...they will stick out.

The people at the tire shop are going to be clueless as to what wheels to run with modified brake setups. You are pretty much on your own to figure it out and order your own wheels

That is my combination, It works fine except it will scrub off the hammer on balancing weights from the inside of the wheels at full lock. Use stick on weights. I have 245's up front and 275's on back.