Haynes or Chilton?

Haynes or Chilton manual?

• Haynes manual

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chilton manual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've always had a manual for my older cars (and motorcycles), just felt they were always a great reference. Typically I've always gone with Clymer's and the HD service manuals for my motorcycles. Does anyone here have any recommendations for me?

Chilton or Haynes and why?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I actually have both (from back in the day when you couldn't get the dealership manuals), of the two choices presented, I prefer the Chiltons for the Foxes. I have not looked through or at the newer models so don't know.

Reactions: 1 user
"...Ford Manuals..." (most $? best as it's for ford dealier mechanics)
Down from there on price/quality.

Some of us (i6) run w/the small scale specialitys done like here (owner to owner):
And
gottem for exhaust (Mr Vizzard), bent 8, etc, etc too~

Neither
All Data is the best followed by
Mitchell on demand
If you ever look for a hvac vacuum diagram for a car in either a chilton or haynes
Trying to figure out say airflow distribution or blend door operation
It says to refer to qualified personnel
Chilton and Haynes usually only show how to replace the heater core and that is about it

I go to the local library and use all data for free when I need it
Like the Starter replacement procedure for a BMW Z4
All data says to pull the intake manifold replace the starter and replace the magnesium intake bolts
You will never get that last part from Chilton or Haynes
A pro always checks the little stuff
The bolts are only about 14 bucks but dealer only
Easy job Easy money

I find both very vague. For a non mechanic like myself it's U Tube. When I first got my car I used them for the tune up/maintenance section. I guess if you were needing torque specs, or oil specs....Nothing beats the No Start Checklist right here on this site.

Reactions: 1 user
but I'm not AutoZone. How can I get dat?
May B "Mitchell" is on-line too?
How do I get dat? Wish I could figure either onto my phone so as 2B useful in the garage...
Alldata.com but it costs money. I look up so many different cars that it is the public library for me. Yes Autozone has some All Data on their repair website too
Mitchell on demand is also available online or at some libraries
You should be able to get AllData on your phone