Engine Head Gaskets Again

Alright guys long time no post. Last time I posted I was fishing out a bolt from the dizzy hole thanks to my brother.
So a little recap of what I've been dealing with

Blew my head gaskets. Bought new heads. Lower intake wasn't on right. Than dropped bolt down dizzy.

So I got my car back today from the mechanics. I had them remove the bolt and change the oil pump due to oil pressure dropping 3 months ago. Car has been sitting for 3 months. But yesterday when they got the bolt out, changed pump, and put the car back together it blew its head gasket. They tested it for free the liquid came back yellow.

When I changed the heads and gaskets last year I was told that I could reuse my head bolts just fine. But now I'm thinking is that the cause of the issue? I read online that 94 Gt's are torq to yield bolts. Is that true or is it possible I just need a new engine? That's what the mechanic was recommending but I live in an apartment so that's next to impossible for me to do and I refuse to pay a mechanic 1k to do it for me lmao.

So should I buy new head bolts and exhaust bolts(I put lock tight on em) and change the gaskets again? Or is it time to look into a new engine?
Also what type of adapter for GT40p heads do I need for a compression test? Mine is to short and won't grab lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

The bolts are torque-to-yield. You might get away with reusing them once, but they're almost cheaper than the gaskets so it's kind of crazy not to change them. If you're already reused them once and had this problem again, definitely definitely change them.

Still no idea if you have a cracked block or truly a head / head gasket problem. You should have those heads checked out to help you stop chasing your tail. And to make sure they're nice and flat. And follow the tightening sequence and multi-stage torque specs to the letter. Repeatedly blowing gaskets and introducing coolant into the engine will mess things (like bearings) up really fast. Up to you whether or not just having a junkyard 5.0 dropped in makes sense or to keep fighting the good fight. I'd base it on how long I'd run the car with a blown head gasket and how much coolant there was. Find a buddy with a house and some tools that accepts beer in payment, that's how I made it through my apartment years.

On the gauge, I use one of those "spark plug anti-fouler" extensions they sell at AutoZone. I think I had to file the top of it down though because the gauge wouldn't even thread into that.

Yeah I'm gonna get the ARP bolts for this change. Should I have the heads checked even though they have less than 10 mins of driving time on them? I never got the car running after the head change :(

I'm gonna try replacing the gaskets one more time with new bolts and dowel pins with the exhaust done properly this time and if it blows again than new engine it is!

And alright I'll look for one those for compression test. I bought a kit but the 14mm won't thread because the its not long enough :(

Hey guys I have done the head gaskets. I checked head and block with straight edge and both of them are good. Ran into an issue with the putting the pulley back on tho. The inside of the power steering pump has stripped 3 bolts when putting the pulley back on. I tried heating the pulley for 20 mins on broil but it only goes on a bit not all the way. Any help with this part?

Hey guys I have done the head gaskets. I checked head and block with straight edge and both of them are good. Ran into an issue with the putting the pulley back on tho. The inside of the power steering pump has stripped 3 bolts when putting the pulley back on. I tried heating the pulley for 20 mins on broil but it only goes on a bit not all the way. Any help with this part?
I take it you are using the pulley installation tool?

Do not under any circumstances wreck your pulley, they're next-to-impossible to find. The threads on the inside of the pump are probably shot / rusted out. Pumps are really cheap, get a new one and a good grade 8 bolt for installation. I use a little WD-40 on the shaft, make sure the installation tool bolt is tightened into the shaft as far as it'll go, and tighten away.

Do not under any circumstances wreck your pulley, they're next-to-impossible to find. The threads on the inside of the pump are probably shot / rusted out. Pumps are really cheap, get a new one and a good grade 8 bolt for installation. I use a little WD-40 on the shaft, make sure the installation tool bolt is tightened into the shaft as far as it'll go, and tighten away.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a new pump. Pretty sure mine hasn't been replaced yet so its probably time anyways lol.

And alright I'll probably invest into a grade 8 bolt just for the pump to use when I gotta put the pulley on