Head issue

delmarsteelers

Founding Member
Jul 1, 2002
Savannah, ga
I have a 2002 gt and about 6 months ago, at 33000 miles, I took my car to ford for a ticking noise on the drivers side. I had read that there was some particular 4.6's that had this problem and ford will change the head under warranty. I went to 2-3 ford dealers and they claim there is no noise in my car that requires a head change. I then took it to an outside mechanic who is a 5.0 fanatic and he said the noise is coming from the head and that my model(Romeo) is the one that has head problems. Ford should have advertised this, and stood behind there cars.
The real problem now is that I have 37000 miles and ford's not going to do
crap, so I have decided to get some polished and Ported heads, with cams. But I don't have any good places in my area to do the work, or the dyno tune. Can anyone give me ideas where to go. I live in savannah, ga. I want a good place.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

red2002gt said:
I have a 2002 gt and about 6 months ago, at 33000 miles, I took my car to ford for a ticking noise on the drivers side. I had read that there was some particular 4.6's that had this problem and ford will change the head under warranty. I went to 2-3 ford dealers and they claim there is no noise in my car that requires a head change. I then took it to an outside mechanic who is a 5.0 fanatic and he said the noise is coming from the head and that my model(Romeo) is the one that has head problems. Ford should have advertised this, and stood behind there cars.
The real problem now is that I have 37000 miles and ford's not going to do
crap, so I have decided to get some polished and Ported heads, with cams. But I don't have any good places in my area to do the work, or the dyno tune. Can anyone give me ideas where to go. I live in savannah, ga. I want a good place.

thanks
Give Tim @ Modular Ford Powerhouse a call!! He's located near Atlanta I believe...:nice: