Header - H pipe question... need help...

Road_Runna

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
Ogden, UT
Well, I've been driving Mustang less for the past month, I've decided to put the Flowtech headers, and skipped on the H-pipe idea (H-pipe needs a little fabrication)

Here's the question: Do I need to put the donut gaskets between the H-pipe and the headers? or can I just install it without them?

• Sponsors (?)

Does that mean I need to fabricate that area, where the headers meet that H-pipe?
I've tried just bolting everything together, and im getting a leak.
It doesn't sound like a crackling noise (cuz that would mean it's the headers-heads gaskets. What im am getting is a really- really loud exhaust sound.

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
things should fit up nicely...what headers are you using again??....try some baby powder...get under the car with it running and throw some baby powder on the collecter....just to verify that its leaking there....

Anthony

Thanks Anthony, gonna try it out.
The headers im putting on are the Holley Flowtech's, got them for 60 bucks.

How much noise did you notice after your Bassani header swap?

I had a bit of a problem with my stuff leakiing there too. I went under the car and loosened it all up, then used a pry bar to line the H-pipe up good with the collector, (it was way off). I tightened the nuts down evenly, did like 10 turns on one, 10 on the other, till they were tight, sealed up good that time. Just resealed my headers the other day too, let me suggest Percy's dead soft aluminum gaskets, (like $30 at Autozone) if your headers wind up being the leak. Anyway good luck man, Later