header quest.

silstang

Mar 7, 2004
Tuscaloosa,AL
I'm looking at this pair of used MAC hts coated longtubes. They're in great cond. for mid 100's. I know I'll need new mids, and I've only got Magnaflow
mufflers so far. First of all I'd like to know if anyone knows (from personal experience) about how much gain comes w/headers on an '04 5sp 4.6 sohc.
Also, I'd like to know what someone might recommend for catted mids to replace oem setup. This is an everyday driver for wife, but don't get the wrong impresssion; she appreciates aggressive but shuns annoying, especially cruise drone. The Magnaflows have been a great addition to her, and she wants more power anyway :nice:. I figure the headers will give around, correct me if I'm way off, 20hp and 25ft/lb. Plus they'll deepen the tone with some babbling on deceleration, especially with new midpipe setup.
I'm familiar with prices on new stuff, and it seems like keeping MAC up to cat backs would be logical.
My bro-in-law has an 04 GTO :hail2: He's got a huge head-start on me because I'm in the middle of trying to build a house. So far he's gotten p&p tb painted adonized red, Z06 maf, ngk wires, 160 degree therm., ram air hood :nice: and SS Works LT's w/mids and hi-flows. We dynoed it on a dynojet in Rainbow City, AL and finished with a legtimate 327 rwhp and 334ft/lb. That's 20hp gain from two weeks ago and 100% credit to exhaust
mods and a custom HP tune after nine pulls. I know I can't touch that without NO2 or a blower, but I'd really like to give it play for a couble of yards. What ya'll think?

• Sponsors (?)