Headers with Trick Flow heads and T5 Hydraulic clutch?

Dans68

Mar 29, 2020
Ontario Canada
Hey Guys,

Been searching through the endless threads. Trying to come up with a definitive answer on which LT headers will fit my builder.

I have a 68 fastback with factory power steering. My 302 with trick flow heads and a bunch of goodies dyno'd at 410hp at the fly. I have a T5 trans and a SN95 bellhousing with Modern Driveline Hydraulic Clutch master/slave setup. The front end does have the shelby drop, and I still need to lower the rear too.

I think I've narrowed down my headers to two options based on fitting, price and availability. I'm in Ontario Canada.

Hooker 6901-1HKR

or

Hedman 88306 headers

I'm trying to determine any fitment issues. I've read that the hooker headers may require a bracket for the power steering cylinder. I've read that the hedman headers sometimes have bolt up issues.

Can anyone shed some more light on this?

• Sponsors (?)

With hydraulic clutches it simply doesn't matter which headers you use...as long as the primaries aren't occupying the same space as the slave cylinder

slavecylinder.jpg

this is a typical slave cylinder install. I don't know of ANY headers that put their primary tubes in this area. Note the AN fitting on the bottom...you simply route the flex line(probably braided stainless) so it doesn't hit any primaries and you will be golden.

3550sell2.jpg

different slaves are likely to have different hydraulic port fittings...but they should all be fairly similar. Remember...even if the slave wasn't here, a cable would be...so if the headers fit a cable clutch they will CERTAINLY fit a hydraulic clutch.

Reactions: 1 user
Another thing to note here....even if you go with the modern drivetrain kit...you can always swap the slave cylinder to one that works better...for example, you might want a pull-type slave rather than a push-type....but in general, its why I always suggest building your own hydraulic conversion kit, you can design it around whatever you want...Daze has a nice write-up on a DIY kit