Heads and cam for 93 cobra intake

• Sponsors (?)

That’s similar to what I’m currently installing, tfs 11r 190s, GT40 tubular ported to match by tmoss, TF 1.6s, 70mm tb, and left my F cam in for right now. Not all the way finished with install but close, real close

Reactions: 1 user
The 'p' head is a good head but they have a different angle plug, they cause issues with header to plug space, they take a different kind of header and I'm not sure you can get them anymore, you can use any brand header but the plug will be close to the tube and burn through the plug wire boot. I would look into an aluminum head, now this is where planning and research come in because the head you choose will be dependent on what your plans are.
the lower intake is where the porting is done, this also depends on what intake you use and what your future plans are.

The GT40ps are a good performing head, but by the time you factor in the springs, machine work, special headers, you are pretty much almost to the point where you can buy a decent set of AL heads.

Of course if you get good deals on the above it's one thing, but when I was gung ho on a set of 40ps and paying market rate for the machine work and components. I decided to buy the TFS heads. My 40ps are literally propping open a door in my basement today.

In a budget build, you can always just slap em on and let er rip. I wouldn't hesitate to just slap my 40ps as is on a combo I didn't care much about in terms of build quality.

Plenty of options depending on what you want

Reactions: 1 user