Heater Core Help Please!!

Marcos

Jun 15, 2012
Hello fellow Stang owners....I'm new on here and need help on replacing the heater core on my '01 GT.Does anyone know if if really have to drain the A/C refrigerant before removing the core?? I haven't found a solid answer and maybe someone on here has done this task before...thanks all help is much apreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, I have done a heater core replacement and I can positively tell you that there is no way to remove the dash without draining the AC.

I won't lie. It's a big job. But to me it's surprising just how few bolts holds the dash in. It's a one man job until it's time to lift the dash out.

I found it easier to work with the front seats removed.

Do you have service manual on how to do the job? If interested in getting a copy for yourself, I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

Ok, I have done a heater core replacement and I can positively tell you that there is no way to remove the dash without draining the AC.

I won't lie. It's a big job. But to me it's surprising just how few bolts holds the dash in. It's a one man job until it's time to lift the dash out.

Do you have service manual on how to do the job? If interested in getting a copy for yourself, I maybe able to help. PM if interested.