Heavy metal guys...

Here's some metalcore that I listen to periodically. I don't listen to metalcore much because it's not really singing it's just yelling...literally.

Hatebreed
Unearth
Shadows Fall

The metalcore/nu metal band that I recently looked into is Dry Kill Logic. They are awesome. \m/
They actually sing in some of their songs instead of just yelling like pure metalcore bands.

Nothingface is awesome as well. Their style sounds similar to Slipknot, some say. Check out the "Skeletons" album.

How about some good death metal bands?
Amorphis (the older stuff)
Bloodbath
Bolt Thrower
Macabre
Morbid Angel
Opeth

Most all of the other good **** has already been listed.

• Sponsors (?)

Kabuki_notch said:
DRAGONFORCE, i have been hooked on these guys

See them live, you'll change your mind :( They totally let me down at Ozzfest. I'll see 'em later this month (ATR in direct support!! \m/ ) so hopefully as headliners they bring their A-game.

BDASPNY said:
i can't beleive no one mentioned BLACK LABEL SOCIETY!!

:doh: I love 'em! They're going out on tour w/Ozzy :)hail2:) early next year, too. I can't wait.

bentley429 said:
Good call, guess I read through alittle to fast and overlooked the two. I agree with you on Dimmu, to me I'd say about 75% of their stuff sucks but that 25% is real good. Ill have to check out the other bands you were talking about.

I like probably 5 songs, and I would consider those symphonic metal masterpieces. Funny how they can create that yet the rest of their catalog sucks.

mob said:
Only kind of rock I like is Mindless self Indulgence.

omg i forgot all about that band until i read your post :lol:

lol i saw them in concert (sick and twisted tour) in 2000 and they strait up sucked.
they werre opening for korn. the first thing dude said when he went on stage was "when i say we, you say suck". everyone was throwing cups of beer at them. needless to say it was the highlight of my youth.

but that used to be one of my favorite bands.

hahaha there not the most well known or well liked band, their not hardcore rock, but I like their music, really gets you pumped up, if you havent heard them download "grab the mic"

mansonozz said:
None will ever be more metal than the almighty Black Sabbath. I can't believe I didn't list them. Or Maiden. Zep was more hard rock though...with a dark side.

My forte is thrash, death and melodic. I like some doom, but for the most part most bands are just sad Sabbath wannabes without any of the bluesy influence.

Mansonozz, I'm an old school metal fan, and am looking for some new bands to listen to. Are there any newer bands that have a sound along the lines of Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden? I'm not really into hardcore or cookie monster metal.

Walls of Jericho

I saw them at Ozzfest in July and they were great, I couldn't beleive that was a female on vocals, she definitly threw it down.

Otherwise there is a pretty good listing so far, I've always been a Hatebreed fan.

For you Black Sabbath fans,I suggest getting...

"Black Sabbath-Live Asbury Park,NJ 1975"

This is the best live recorded Ozzy era show available,professionally recorded right off the soundboard by some British radio show.
It was never officially released,but surfaced on the net around 2000.

I downloaded it off some torrent site several months ago.The sound quality is excellent.

Killer show.

Dont know if they have been mentioned or not but Down, damage plan and superjoint rutual are constantly in my car. And ill agree with old metallica... but ill stop once they became sellouts IMO

mansonozz said:
Let's see what I've got in my metal folders:

I'm sure you know some of 'em:

All That Remains
Black Dahlia Murder
Children of Bodom
Into Eternity
Kalmah
Kataklysm
Lamb of God
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder
Skyfire
Slayer
Witchery
Amon Amarth
Chimaira
Dimmy Borgir
Primal Fear (heavy power metal)
Sinergy
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Candlemass
Devin Townsend Band / Strapping Young Lad
Dragon Force (power metal)
Dream Evil (power metal)
GWAR
Hypocrisy
HammerFall (power metal)
Metallica
Killswitch Engage
Pantera
Single Bullet Theory
White Zombie
Rob Zombie
Skid Row

No Sepultura? *gasp*

Cant' stand Walls of Jericho personally, but if you like heavy vocal females, you need to check our Arch Enemy. Angela Gossow is amazing. Also Kim Goss and SINERGY (Laiho & Latvala from Children of Bodom on guitar, too!) is very powerful. Not mean, just powerful and a great voice.

I can't think of any newer bands similar to those you listed, 89lxsport50, but if I think of something I will come back and mention it.

edit: You might want to check out FIGHT, which was Halford's band in the 90s.

"Iommi", fronted by none other than Tony Iommi of course, is pretty good. You can totally tell it's him on guitar. I have his solo album (bought that and got to meet him last year at Ozzfest!) and it's pretty darn good. Not amazing, but it's good.

Try Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Iced Earth, Benediction, Bolt Thrower, Immortal, Marduk, Mayhem, Shadows Fall, In Flames, Hammerfall, HellHammer, Celtic Frost, Destruction, Dream Evil, Ministry, Demons and Wizards, Blind Guardian, High On Fire, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, SOD, Metalium, Crimson Glory, Cro Mags, Jag Panzer, Nevermore, ...And Oceans, Leaves Eyes, Sentenced, Dark Tranquility, Winters Bane, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Angel Dust, Manowar, Primal Fear, Sinner, Gravedigger, Kreator, Flotsam And Jetsam, Saxon, Motorhead, Dio, Edguy, Stratovarius, The Haunted, December Wolves, Vader, Ancient, Drecksau... sorry, I just got on a roll there for a minute...

mansonozz said:
Cant' stand Walls of Jericho personally, but if you like heavy vocal females, you need to check our Arch Enemy. Angela Gossow is amazing. Also Kim Goss and SINERGY (Laiho & Latvala from Children of Bodom on guitar, too!) is very powerful. Not mean, just powerful and a great voice.

I can't think of any newer bands similar to those you listed, 89lxsport50, but if I think of something I will come back and mention it.

edit: You might want to check out FIGHT, which was Halford's band in the 90s.

"Iommi", fronted by none other than Tony Iommi of course, is pretty good. You can totally tell it's him on guitar. I have his solo album (bought that and got to meet him last year at Ozzfest!) and it's pretty darn good. Not amazing, but it's good.

Yeah I have one of the Fight cds. I will check out Iommi. That's cool that you got to meet him.

~FrankenStang~ said:
LOL, there is no such thing as "new metal". :nice:

Oh yeah, there is "nu metal" :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_Metal

Nu metal (also called new metal, aggro metal, man-rock or nü metal using the traditional heavy metal umlaut) is a musical genre that has origins in the mid 1990s. It typically fuses influences from the grunge[1] and alternative metal of the early 1990s with hip hop, electronic music and other metal genres, most often thrash metal and groove metal.[2]