Help Assessing Value Of 1967 Mustang Coupe

mentalward

Active User
May 29, 2016
Redmond, WA
I'm looking at a '67 coup for a project car, and wondering if there are some adventurous souls who'd be willing to speculate on what this car is worth. All pics are here.

It has rust through both rear quarter panels (below the curve) and is rusted through the passenger floorboard (will need new pan and seat mount "floor". I assume all the cracking of primer areas is due to rust, but it doesn't seem to go through. The engine doesn't run, but I'd probably replace it anyway.

Questions? Guesses?
Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

That's a beauty! Thanks for your reply.

Based on the pics, do you have a sense for what it's worth in its current state? I haven't decided to buy it, and trying to decide if it's worth $4k.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

That's a tough one. I am not an expert. I would want to know what it would be worth once I had it restored to the level I want. Then what will that cost me in terms of material (don't count your labor). Can I live with the answer. If I can then I do it. Hagerty has a value indicator that might give you some help with post restoration value.

I wouldn't pay $4K for it in its present state but I have been out of the buying a Mustang market for a long, long time.