Engine Help Guess Specs

Jamesrolls5point0

Oct 25, 2015
Hey guys, I currently have my motor out as I'm rebuilding it up, I haven't bought any fuel injectors / maf or a clutch yet as I'm still unaware of what my motor is putting out. So if you guys could shed some light on a few guesstimates it would be awesome
Car has stock bottom end 302 forged Pistons, trick flow top end engine kit (75 mm throttle body, intake with 1 inch spacer, tfs stage 1 cam , trick flow 170 heads), giant long tubes, 3 inch exhaust the whole way to borla mufflers
And a v3 sci Vortech with intercooler. (Probably gonna run 7-8 pounds) If any other information is required I'll gladly answer, thanks guys

P.s. I'm assuming 42 injectors are enough? Or no?

• Sponsors (?)

Without knowing every detail, I say 42's are fine with that combo and no FMU with a tune. Get at least an PRO M 80 MM MAF calibrated for boosted applications. There are several online free HP/injector size calculators. Once you determine what your rwhp is, you can plug that in and determine the right size injector.

Reactions: 1 user
When you say No fmu does that mean i shouldn't use the vortech one that came with the supercharger ? I also have a wide band installed btw

I will be getting a tune the second i get the thing driving , so do you think i should buy 42 pounders ? I dont have any injectors yet

All the FMU does is increase the fuel pressure depending on the disc inside of the FMU calibrated to the injector you are using. It's really a band aid instead of a tune. I would recommend not using the FMU, getting a good set of 42's, and then having the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. They can properly map in your fuel and timing curves, adjusting for the amount of boost and rpms. A wideband will measure the AFR which is good for tuning however that is not the same thing. You adjust the tune to get a safe AFR, not the other way around.

Ahh ohkay I understand now, I wasn't too sure how the fmu tied in to it, so if 42 pounders are enough , I'm estimated to be UNDER 448hp ? This is doing some rough math with all the stuff

Not to turn this in to a different discussion but I honestly thought I'd be above that in power ? Or am I dreaming