**help** Installing A Mach 1 Shaker On 2001 Gt


Oct 30, 2013
Hey guys, I need some help with a future project I'm planning on my 2001 GT.
I am wanting to attach a mach 1 shaker to my stock 2v engine. However, the 03-04 mach 1 of course as you all know had a 4v DOHC 4.6 liter in it.

The problem is that the brackets for the shaker will not fit on a stock 99-04 mustang GT. Many companies and people used to make a custom bracket for the shaker to fit on a GT/Bullitt. However, that was 2-3 years ago and the companies that were making them have gone outta business and the people that custom made them are no longer making them. So basically, I will have to figure out a way to fabricate my own brackets. I have been searching the Internet for the last 2 days and have only found pictures of one person who did it but he included no measurements of the fabricated parts. But I know that many other mustang GT/Bullitt owners have been able to make their own and fit a mach 1 shaker on their ponies.

If any of you could send me pictures of their brackets and some measurements that would be great, or even if they know of someone still making the brackets that would be a lifesaver.

Problem #2: I am having trouble finding parts.

I have searched the Internet again over the past 2 days and I am having trouble finding a COMPLETE Mach 1 shaker assembly with mach 1 brackets. What I mean by complete is: the shaker itself, the bracket it sits on, and the complete tubing all the way to where it connects to the air filter heat shield/air box.
If anyone knows where I can get on for a good price, you once again, would be a lifesaver.

This is the part that I need. image.jpg Also, possibly a mach 1 air box/air filter shield.

If you have a Mach 1 shaker installed on your 99-04 mustang GT/Bullitt or have a friend who does, then please help me.

**I do not want a CDC shaker. I want a OEM 03-04 Mach 1 shaker**

My original thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/343578-installing-mach-1-shaker-2001-mustang-gt.html
  • Sponsors (?)

I did this on my old 2001 GT I used to own. The car ended up getting rear ended and totaled.

This is what I did. I went onto Ebay and found a original Mach 1 hood and bought that. Had it shipped to my house and got it painted.

Several years ago, you could buy a Mach 1 shaker and a Ford designed bracket that was specifically made for the GT. I purchased that system for my car. It came with everything you needed, including the induction tube. You just need to get a Mach 1 hood. I remember the bracket had a Ford sticker on it with a part number and everything.

Unfortunately, Karkraft does not make it anymore, but the reason I tell you about it is, maybe you can find a used one for sale in the classifieds for you car.

I remember it being very well built and designed. It simply just bolted on the car. The only thing you had to cut was your factory airbox for that induction tube from the shaker.

It cost around $1000 when everything was said and done, if I remember right. It was worth the money though, it was fun to see the shaker move with the engine while you drove. Looked mean too.

Hope this helps, if you need, I can probably find the part number.