• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Help! Just swapped out the computer to A9L

  • Thread starter Thread starter MDCobra
  • Start date Start date Jun 6, 2004
M

MDCobra

New Member
Jul 28, 2003
72
0
0
Columbia, MD
Jun 6, 2004
#1
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #1
I just swapped out my stock computer to an A9L I just purchased from Pro Flow. I did this because I just installed the Trick Flow Street Heat engine kit (H/I/C) and had idle problems.

MMFF and my mechanic suggested that I swap the computer.

Anyway, it idles better now, but on my first test drive I was blowing alot of white smoke and it was running really rough. There was a noticible engine vibration so I just went up the block and back again not wanting to risk anything.

Could this be that the computer hasn't learned yet? How do i get it to learn?
Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Tom
 
M

MDCobra

New Member
Jul 28, 2003
72
0
0
Columbia, MD
Jun 6, 2004
#2
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #2
The check engine light is also on.
 
F

fastf50rd

New Member
Jan 17, 2003
720
1
0
mass.
Jun 6, 2004
#3
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #3
Scan it for codes if the CE light is on. That'll point you in the right direction anyway
 
E

Evan5469

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
311
0
0
Maryland
Jun 6, 2004
#4
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #4
Run the codes with a scanner to see what the check engine light is trying to tell you first. Did you pull the plugs to see what they look like? Did you check the balancer to see if it's shaking and causing a vibration?
 

Redsnk95

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2002
2,243
1
0
Houston, TX
Jun 6, 2004
#5
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #5
white smoke=coolant leak

Also did you move the ACT sensor to the #5 runner?

Troy
 
M

MDCobra

New Member
Jul 28, 2003
72
0
0
Columbia, MD
Jun 7, 2004
#6
  • Jun 7, 2004
  • #6
I will have the codes scanned tomorrow if possible.

Moving the ACT Sensor to the #5 Position? I just replaced the ACT Sensor prior to doing all this work with the Trick Flow kit. This is the sensor reading the air temp before the MAF right? So now, I have a Pro-M 80mm MAF Sensor with a Conical Filter attached. I didn't see where they moved the ACT sensor to. So where is the #5 position?

Plugs are due to be pulled this week because the heads are new.

-Tom
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
539
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Fox Help
  • 93fox85
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
271
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 23, 2026
Noobz347
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
141
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
270
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
A
Rough idle - cylinder 1 and 6 misfire HELP
  • austindavies935
  • Jul 24, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
826
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 24, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?