Engine 93 lx top end kit install now has no power.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a coolant pressure test setup, i would test the cooling system and see if it holds pressure as well. Would help rule out the HG issue.
I don't have one but I'll stop and buy one. Whatever I got to do. I got a race the last weekend of October so she's got to be ready to roll. I'll be pulling in just like I normally do last minute and untested

I will add that just because parts are new doesn't mean they're operating correctly or are "good". The days of replacing a bunch of parts with new and assuming you're good to go are long gone.
I'm at the point now where I replace things one at a time to avoid a complete mind f*ck time suck.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
So did the compression test
#1-140
#2-150
#3-140
#4-140
#5,6,7-150
#8-135
Went and got a radiator pressure tester from harbor freight but none of the attachments worked for my radiator. So I'm going to get a buddy's pressure tester tomorrow. I pulled all the plugs and they all look about the same. Nothing looks cleaner but it still smokes. at high rpm and second gear. I will get my wife to take a video of it tomorrow afternoon so I can post it for you guys to see

I know you've moved past the ignition portion of the episode, but I'm wondering if maybe the balancer has spun. When you checked for TDC, did you make sure the timing pointer was at 0 on the balancer?

I know you've moved past the ignition portion of the episode, but I'm wondering if maybe the balancer has spun. When you checked for TDC, did you make sure the timing pointer was at 0 on the balancer?
Ya the balancer is good, everything is good on the car now other then second gear it lays over some and smokes after the 2-3 shift it's fine again

So did the compression test
#1-140
#2-150
#3-140
#4-140
#5,6,7-150
#8-135
Went and got a radiator pressure tester from harbor freight but none of the attachments worked for my radiator. So I'm going to get a buddy's pressure tester tomorrow. I pulled all the plugs and they all look about the same. Nothing looks cleaner but it still smokes. at high rpm and second gear. I will get my wife to take a video of it tomorrow afternoon so I can post it for you guys to see

Remove your inlet tube, open the throttle body, and shine a flashlight into the inlet. Do you see oil sitting in there?

Remove your inlet tube, open the throttle body, and shine a flashlight into the inlet. Do you see oil sitting in there?
I have an inline oil separator on the pcv line because the Holley systemax would put very small amounts of oil in there. But I ran the car hard the other day and very little oil was in the can.

And I know the radiator pressure test showed good but the problem is only at second gear So I'm not sure if the pressure test would even show the issue anyways. The car sits about 14.1 and when it lays over and puffs smoke it goes to 12.1 afr

So I was just out blowing the back porch off to start messing with the car and I blew inside of the exhaust pipe a little bit and seen a little bit of water come out the other one so I put the blower up on it and it probably pushed out like a spray paint can cap full of water maybe a little more. I put this spray can lid to catch it so I could see what it was and it definitely just seems like water

So I was just out blowing the back porch off to start messing with the car and I blew inside of the exhaust pipe a little bit and seen a little bit of water come out the other one so I put the blower up on it and it probably pushed out like a spray paint can cap full of water maybe a little more. I put this spray can lid to catch it so I could see what it was and it definitely just seems like water

This doesn't seem remarkable to me. Most modern cars with a factory emissions cam will produce water.

Exhaust parts will condense water over night in a humid environment... And you're in Florida :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
This doesn't seem remarkable to me. Most modern cars with a factory emissions cam will produce water.

Exhaust parts will condense water over night in a humid environment... And you're in Florida :oops:
This is all the water that came out, on the ground and in the cap. Just seemed like a lot to me, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm gonna go run the car around town here shortly and check of water is gone from the radiator

1000003327.png

• Wow