Help me think of mods for my stang

CobraStang95

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
New Jersey
Just got a stang Monday night and looking for suggestions. As you can see from my sig. not much is done, but i plan on putting on a Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, MAC cat back, and looking into a fenderwell-mount cold-air intake, MAF and throttle body. Any suggestions on size of MAF and T.B.? I'm on a tight budget and will probably keep everything else stock... Any more cheap mods I can do? Also- how much better is Pro-M than C&L? Thnks... :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Ignition wont help you, nor will the CAI as it changes the velocity of the air due to the tight bend which makes your MAS give false readings.

Pro-Ms are better due to their electronic calibration, where C&L uses tubes.

I suggest getting some 1.72 rockers(used are OK if you check them out first), full exhaust, MAS & full synthetics throughout(motor, tranny, rear end).
A throttle body wont really give you much, it may hurt you if you go too large. I would wait till the funds came around for an intake swap to get one. Gears and a good tune would get your times down into the 13s for sure.

i got the bbk x pipe with cats so i would still pass inspection and i ended up not passing anyway so i gotta switch it back to stock for inspection anyway. get the one without cats. half price and much better.

Save the money and get the gears 1st.Underdrive pulleys will ad to the seat of the pants feel and the engine will rev faster.Headers are also a good power adder.Ignition parts don't add hp just make the car run smoother due to a better spark and if you start dumpin more fuel in the engine or add blower or nos you need a better spark.