Help please with clutch pedal

!966 Mustang gt fastback. A friend of mine just received this completely restored 1966 mustang gt with 289 4 speed, no records on restoration.
Problem is it's nearly impossible to drive due to he clutch pedal as it releases with a vengeance, even when your extremely careful you simply burn rubber.
I'm assuming there are just two springs, one under dash and the other hooked to the clutch fork, I had read if a centerforce clutch had been installed it was recommended the under dash spring should be removed? Thanks for any help and suggestions, at this point he won't even drive it.

• Sponsors (?)

Is the problem the clutch pedal being very stiff or that the clutch is hard to slip. The clutch pedal return spring would not add that much effort. Not knowing what has been done makes it tough too. Does the engine appear stock or modified. If there has been performance enhancements those would logically carry through to the clutch and tranny. There could be other issues that could cause this. The clutch fork could be incorrect or not seated on the pivot. Linkage binding or misalignment.