Help...Rear tires rubbing wheel well

Bigperm

Jun 1, 2008
I just purchased my 90 mustang gt 5.0..It had 16" wheels w/ 265/60/16 mt et street on it..they seemed to rub on the rear wells vert little..I just sold them and installed a set of used centerline convo pros and they are a 235/50/15..and they rub any time you hit a bump or a drive way...any suggestions?? I believe all stock suspension..:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

well the 265/60's were simply WAY too big, but a 235/50/15 is close to the 225/60/15 that came stock, just a bit wider. that still shouldnt be a problem, i have 255/45/17's on a lowered car and i have no issues. try freshening up the suspension, some new springs and shocks...and some control arms would be nice but not vital. you could always replace the bushings in your stock control arms if you are on a budget. you could roll the fender lip as a last resort, but if you are inexperienced in auto body, it can be a disaster. hope this helps.

The tires are not way to big....my car has 275/60's on it and i have no troubles and people have put bigger then that on. If its rubbing on the outside lip then you will have to roll them or trim the lip off. On the inside a 3 lb hammer is your friend.