Engine Help With Re-manufactured Engine... Is This Head Ok?

LikeThis

Feb 12, 2018
Hello,
About a month ago I purchased an engine from Rock auto that was semi complete to replace one that had died. This engine is a 2002 4.6L for a GT. As you can clearly see in the photo the cam bearing saddle has a pretty huge crack. I have not ran it yet, and I am not sure I should. What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 210
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply.
I already accepted it and then even more stupidly let it sit around 35 days. I think they will say tough luck now... but pretty bad for them to ship that out.
Pretty sure it wasn’t damaged in shipping. It was well packaged and none of the surrounding paper, plastic or anything shows a sign it was hit. Also one of the middle cam saddles vs an end.
Do you guys think this head is safe to run if I can’t get the company to take responsibility?
Thanks again!

Need to call them and see what your options are. Looks like someone either dropped that head or pried up on the cam "plate" thing.

Technically speaking, I bet its fine because all that plate is doing is applying a small amount of force onto the cam. I'd apply JBWeld and call it a day.