Hic-Up?

TomzGT

Sep 26, 2020
Delray Beach, FL
I've recently been getting a...sorry for the un-technical description..."hic-up" when I change gears and step on the throttle. At first I thought I might have it in a low gear for the speed I'm in. When I press on the throttle the car sort of stalls. When I ease up on the gas it's fine. That car has not stalled while driving or otherwise. In my little mind I'm thinking...clutch? fuel pump? bad gas? Otherwise the car runs and idles great.

Any thoughts? 2006 Mustang GT 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

Could be the pedal position sensor on the throttle pedal. I was getting all kinds of symptoms. up to and including low oil pressure at idle only. ALso the car was hard to get a slow take off from a stop, usually kind of herky-jerky, Put an entirely new throttle pedal in with new sensor, all problems disappeared.

Gas pedal. Yes. This is a vehicle without a throttle cable, it's done electronically. There is a device similar to a TPs on the gas pedal assembly. They can get quacky after years. As I said, a lot of little issues I had all disappeared with the replacement of the assembly.