Home Carpet Insulation in a fox

stussy2870

Apr 5, 2019
Butler
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever used carpet padding as replacement insulation (Specifically around the Quarter panels and the rear tail light section)... My insulation is just a mess (Stinks, tore up a bit etc).. I want to replace it but not with the 600.00 LRM option...

Open to suggestions.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

How about this?

I think its just jute.. I can buy some of that off of amazon.. just thought the carpet padding would be better but didnt think about the water retention..

In anyone else has ideas or has done something else please let me know.

This is what I used (price is CDN $). I did full floor pan front to back and roof panel behind sunroof. I think I used 4 rolls (if I remember correctly).

Insulation.jpg IMG_0998.JPG IMG_1058.JPG

Much cheaper than Dynomat or other name brands. Just picked it up at local hardware store. It is used to wrap home A/C ductwork.

Could easily place it on the inside of the quarter panel on the outer skin or in the door shell on outer skin.

Reactions: 1 user
699D5B9B-D6ED-4B2A-85C5-38982CF951E0.jpeg
Home Depot carries a name brand called “Frost King”. Google search will get you pics. I lined my entire car in it. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Sound deadening and heat reflection. No more heat radiating through the trans tunnel on hot days in traffic. Beautiful. ~$20/roll if I recall correctly. I think I used 5 rolls to literally cover the interior of the car. Door cards, and door skins, entire trunk, floor, ceiling, everything.

I've already "sound-deadened" my floor.. Its the area in the hatch that isnt the floor and isnt the hatch.. its the inner quarter panel subframe if you will. If you pull out the interior pieces, there is a padding behind those plastic covers.. Im looking for ideas for that.. I dont know if sound deadener is the right thing there.. Heres the stuff im talking about..

Padding.JPG