Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

It always seems like the more evil of the two....Do I buy sht to make the car go, or do I buy sht to make working on it easier when it don’t.

I’ll take buy the heads, for 2000 alex...The objective being it’s more fun breaking the car than working on it...

:chin Although after thinking about it,...it woulda been waaaaaay easier to install that torque arm had I had one of those.....( But then again,.it’d have to be mounted in my driveway, cause I don’t have that much ceiling height)

Heads FTW.
The heads were for a motor that isn’t built and for a car that I don’t even own yet. So that’s what made the decision a little easier.

• Sponsors (?)

When I put my lift up I paid to have it professionally installed. I don't think its that hard, but you are trusting it to hold a car up over your head and not kill you. The $300 install was worth it to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
So the install for the lift is $500, which I don't currently have. (quietly counting the days til my wife goes back to work...)
I've read the instructions a couple of times and it seems absurdly easy from a follow-the-steps standpoint.

The issue is this thing is FKN HEAVY. Still trying to sort that part, but I think two people can stand up a leg. I'll post pictures as it goes.

So the install for the lift is $500, which I don't currently have. (quietly counting the days til my wife goes back to work...)
I've read the instructions a couple of times and it seems absurdly easy from a follow-the-steps standpoint.

The issue is this thing is FKN HEAVY. Still trying to sort that part, but I think two people can stand up a leg. I'll post pictures as it goes.
I remember we used to sell two-post lifts when I worked at O'Reilly at the warehouse. Every now and then I'd have to pull one to send it to a store. Yeah, they're pretty heavy.

Reactions: 1 user
@Davedacarpainter I don't suppose this car is in that same yard you rescue foxes from, eh? That's my bucket list car. Doesn't even need to be a mach or even a V8 car!

1604596892299.png

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
@Davedacarpainter I don't suppose this car is in that same yard you rescue foxes from, eh? That's my bucket list car. Doesn't even need to be a mach or even a V8 car!

1604596892299.png
Ah hell no! That’s a thing of beauty right there.

That’s the west side of town, I probably drive by it on my way to work everyday.

Booger was found on the north side.

Having had (4) 69 mustangs, and not wanting another, ( or anything older than a fox for that matter) ...i don’t get it.

The body is the only reason for owning a 69-70 mustang...Ford made a really beautiful car in those two years. The guys that lust for a “ classic” find out quickly that they have been wanting a car that won’t handle, or stop for sht, and the solution to that requires upgrades that require cutting away the factory sht.

Why would you do that?

Everybody needs to get a chance to drive a 1968-70 Mustang, then turn right around, and get into a Fox..

it’s the same vibe, but w\o the ancient brakes and suspension hobbling the car from being not only something you want to own, but something you like to drive..

Anybody buying a 60 era car for handling is doing it wrong. Yeah thay drive for crap and don't stop well, but thats just what they are. I love old cars and that visceral driving experience is what I appreciate the most about them. I do not want to daily one though.

Having had (4) 69 mustangs, and not wanting another, ( or anything older than a fox for that matter) ...i don’t get it.

The body is the only reason for owning a 69-70 mustang...Ford made a really beautiful car in those two years. The guys that lust for a “ classic” find out quickly that they have been wanting a car that won’t handle, or stop for sht, and the solution to that requires upgrades that require cutting away the factory sht.

Why would you do that?

Everybody needs to get a chance to drive a 1968-70 Mustang, then turn right around, and get into a Fox..

it’s the same vibe, but w\o the ancient brakes and suspension hobbling the car from being not only something you want to own, but something you like to drive..

Anybody buying a 60 era car for handling is doing it wrong. Yeah thay drive for crap and don't stop well, but thats just what they are. I love old cars and that visceral driving experience is what I appreciate the most about them. I do not want to daily one though.

Guys, I know. My dad has had a '69 Camaro Pace Car since 1985 and I've driven it many MANY miles. They're all boats. They ride like boats, steer like boats, and are heavy like boats, I get it.

To Mike's point about turning around and getting into a fox - I still have mine and it's not going anywhere. I built a shop large enough to house 2 cars and intend to make good on that wish one day when funds allow. I've had one of those 'boat' pics hanging on my wall since I was a kid and I'm going to have one, sitting right next to my fox.
;)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Guys, I know. My dad has had a '69 Camaro Pace Car since 1985 and I've driven it many MANY miles. They're all boats. They ride like boats, steer like boats, and are heavy like boats, I get it.

To Mike's point about turning around and getting into a fox - I still have mine and it's not going anywhere. I built a shop large enough to house 2 cars and intend to make good on that wish one day when funds allow. I've had one of those 'boat' pics hanging on my wall since I was a kid and I'm going to have one, sitting right next to my fox.
;)
Besides, it's not like no one makes any aftermarket suspension/steering/brakes for classic Mustangs. You're not stuck with the stock stuff.

And so what if stock Fox suspension and steering is better? How many people here are running Foxes with 100% stock suspension and brakes?

If you want something that handles like a modern car from the factory, buy a modern car.

Cutting up our cars is the prevailing hobby among those who frequent these forums.

It looks like a rust bucket, plus I don't have any funds right now, I spent everything on the lift. One day though!!!
I would snatch it up anyway and store it. It's not like these cars are growing on trees these days.

Besides, it's not like no one makes any aftermarket suspension/steering/brakes for classic Mustangs. You're not stuck with the stock stuff.

And so what if stock Fox suspension and steering is better? How many people here are running Foxes with 100% stock suspension and brakes?

If you want something that handles like a modern car from the factory, buy a modern car.

Cutting up our cars is the prevailing hobby among those who frequent these forums.

I would snatch it up anyway and store it. It's not like these cars are growing on trees these days.
Theyre still out there, for about the same price and in better shape. I just need to focus and save my money.

If anyone has an itch for a 70 Mach 1, I've got one to unload. It's taking up garage space where I want to put my 90.
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thats my favorite mustang in the whole world. One of my brother‘s buddies had one when I was in high school, so 1977-1978ish. I loved that car.

Luckily my bank account refuses to cooperate to buy it.