Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

1604679107476.png
Heck! that’s an older photo now. I remember when you brought his camaro home a few years back.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Like, uh... what condition?
100% complete. Still needs tuning. I've got a guy who's going to pick it up when gets a chance and get it tuned and driveable.

It was was just what I wanted until:
1. I found out the wiring harness was toast and had to completely replace it. That took all the joy out of it.
2. I ran across a deal on my 90 vert.

100% complete. Still needs tuning. I've got a guy who's going to pick it up when gets a chance and get it tuned and driveable.

It was was just what I wanted until:
1. I found out the wiring harness was toast and had to completely replace it. That took all the joy out of it.
2. I ran across a deal on my 90 vert.
Aw hell. I was hoping it was a bucket you were trying to offload cheap.
I’d offer to trade my coupe but Mike would never speak to me again lmao

Aw hell. I was hoping it was a bucket you were trying to offload cheap.
I’d offer to trade my coupe but Mike would never speak to me again lmao
If you'd caught me when the interior was gutted and I was sick and tired of resting on my elbows half upside down under the dash, I might have taken you up on it.

F047F678-8E7C-439D-9516-5B25065FBA44.jpeg

Hard to see, but I’m having oil issues. When I get in boost, oil pours into the car and behind me looks like a smoke screen. Upon inspection today, the entire driver side of the engine bay is COVERED in oil. I think the crank case is pressurizing and oil is shooting out where the dipstick goes into the block. I need to install my vented valve covers - still no venting on the motor. Whoops

“Wonder why my crank case is pressurizing?”
“Wonder why my boost is lazy”
“Wonder why....”
:eek:Ive always seen this hose and thought it wasn’t right but after seeing all the oil puke, i get it. Derp.

CFAFE1C3-3C10-44A5-A392-75E92A8D8397.jpeg

So I sold some parts today and have money for a catch can and all associated parts. Will get a new radiator as well. That should cure the drips and sprays I’ve been dealing with.
After reading a thread on face place, it sounds like my E7 heads are lifting, even at my measly 7 psi. The coolant system is pressuring and filling up the puke tank and the coolant smells like exhaust.
I want to upgrade to something that’s going to be stronger but not so much of an upgrade that I have to start replacing supporting parts. So, a 180cc runner head or less.
Unfortunately my budget is dictated by my side hustle. I’m working on a coffee table/end table set right now that I’m *hoping* will finance this venture in its entirety. Finding a buyer may prove tricky so we will see.

Reactions: 2 users
I couldn’t help myself. After fixing my oil leak and REALLY standing on the throttle, it’s obvious the heads are lifting or uneven causing boost to bleed off into the coolant system.
These promaxx heads had really good reviews, are assembled in the US of A and have the same flow numbers as the TF 170s
6CF7DA8D-46B0-4853-B2B8-7882F3D171E7.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users