Horn Works, No Cruise Control, Possible Wiring Issue?

Devante Wright

Sep 19, 2017
So, as the title implies,

My horn is working fine, but the problem lies when I go to turn cruise control on.. nothing. The very very odd part however, is when I press both the cruise control "on" button, along with the cruise control "set" button.. the horn goes off. What fuses, etc can I check to see how I can get this cruise control back in order, should I have to remove the airbag and check the wiring? I've got a 2001 Cobra.

• Sponsors (?)

The fact the horn works only proves that at least two wires of the three through the clock spring is good.

For the cruse control to work there are SEVERAL signals needed:
  • Fuse F2.17, F2.33, and F2.35
  • The clutch de-activator switch must be closed (Manual)
  • the brake pressure switch be closed.
  • the speedometer must work
  • the brake lights must work correctly
  • the GEM needs to work.
  • The switches on the steering column will need to send the correct resistor values when pressed.
Do you have a Volt-Ohm Meter (VOM) and are you willing to use it?

If this were my car one of the first tests would be to confirm key on power (use a KNOWN good ground) to the speed control servo pins:
  • #7(WH/LB)
  • #9(OG)
  • #4(LG). Verify the power state CHANGES when the brake pedal is depressed.
  • #10(BK) confirmed solid low resistance ground back to battery negative.
A Ford service manual with wiring diagrams could be a huge help. Trouble shooting the switches in the steering column can be a bear because different values of resisters are used. The "pin point" tests in the service manual can be especially useful. If interested in getting a copy for yourself I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271