Horse Sense -  66 Coupe to Fastback Conversion

Progress Thread Horse Sense - 66 Coupe To Fastback Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

the out side of old red is finished .i started making the inner pieces. glad i made templates of every thing. laid out the patterns on my sheet of 18 gage sheet metal. a few minuets with the sheet metal shear and they were cut out. i have a few bends on the sheet metal brake tomorrow and they will be ready to weld in.
_MG_3571.JPG
_MG_3572.JPG
_MG_3573.JPG

I know this is an old old thread but by any chance do you still have the templates ? These parts are not made restoring a very tired 65 Fastback and these are the only Pieces Im missing. I would pay for the templates.

I am converting a coupe to a fastback. The rear brackets for the side panels etc. I bought the dynacorn kit but I do not know where to weld them. Also is the coupe rear seat bottom the same as the fstbk

Seat bottoms are different ,you will need a fast back bottom and top
The bracket goes flat side towards the inside of the car ,the panel rides against it . From the inside of the rocker to the face of the bracket is 7 inches
20220822_120537.jpg
the rear of the bracket to the wheel tub is 2 3/4 ,
20220822_120600.jpg
there is a notch that sets on the top of the rear torque box ,push the small tab on the bracket up tight to the lip on the torque box
20220822_120518.jpg
this one pictured is driver side